“Best on the island”

Restaurant le Jardin des Saveurs
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The quality table of the French Chef,Francis MOUROUX, will seduce you with its specialties by offering fresh local products : Lobster, Flyerfox, Snails of Santo Island, Local Pigeon,River prawns, with a french delicate Touch ...
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We visted all of the top restaurants in Port Vila on this trip and this was by far the best restaurant we went to. The location is a fair bit out of town (1000vt by taxi from the Holiday Inn). The menu is delightfully French and the sauces are to die for. We went on a Sunday night and as per other posts there was no lobster which we may have ordered and no flying fox ( Fruit Bat) which neither of us fancied anyway. The portions were large, the madame was on good behaviour (after some other posts said she was a bit of a dragon). The place was beautifully decorated in white with nice jazzy paintings. Tables nice and clean and with white linen. Would go back but may need a bank loan as it was very pricey, but would have to say that I am glad we went as it was the best.

There are newer reviews for Restaurant le Jardin des Saveurs

Reviewed September 1, 2013

We were recommended this restaurant by a couple who we met in the resort we were staying at and we were not disappointed. The food was really good, let down only by the very limited wine you could buy by the glass. All the dishes were really tasty and well presented. It isn't cheap, but comparable to other restaurants of similar quality. I would recommend that you book, as the restaurant got quite full after 7pm on the night we were there.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I was with colleagues and when I looked at the menu, I decided to be adventurous. I always try a local delicacy - in this case, a flying fox - but prepared the French way. With the head still there, it looked a bit scary but I guess it was not cut off for you to find out what you are eating. My first time to taste it and will be my last.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We had to try some some French cuisine while in Vanuatu & we had a lovely dinner at Le Jardin des Saveurs. We were brave & had some snails to start & they were delicious all encased in a little puff pastry. Prawns in choux pastry with peanuts, a surprising combination were also delicious. Mains were just as good, scallops & prawns in saffron sauce for me & sadly we were too full for dessert! Great French food in Vanuatu.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Lived up to all of the reviews, so glad we went there and couldn't fault it at all. Flavour combinations were excellent and service was great!

1  Thank tenaxious_jenq