The Terraces Boutique Apartments
Quest Apartments(Port Vila)
Ah Tong Motel(Port Vila)
  • Free Internet
View Hotel
All reviewsmangoes restaurantprivate plunge poolone bedroom apartmenthard drivehuge bathmain infinity poolwell equipped gymwear and tearlocated highamazing apartmentfull kitchenpure luxurygreat bathroomlike coming homea short minute walkhappy hour isliving area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 16, 2013

First world problems - do you go with the luxurious apartment that is close to town or the secluded picture postcard perfect resort?

I like to first say that the Terraces is all that and more. You have to just remind yourself though that it is a boutique apartment and not a resort. If you visit the Havannah, you will know what I mean. What is missing is the island resort ambience. Then again, it does not market itself as that.

Once you get over that, the standard and quality of the rooms are top notch. They are very well maintained which is hard to do in tropical weather. There are some minor damage such as water stains on one or two parts of the wooden floor but that is really nit picking.

The apartments are located close enough to town that you can walk. Otherwise, you can always take the local bus (in bus I mean van) which is a cheap alternative. There is no proper lighting along the way so I do not suggest that you walk after dark although it is relatively safe.

The Terraces are also right next to Mangoes which is the sister resort. You can have your complimentary breakfast at Mangoes. The breakfast is good but limited in choice. The staff are absolutely amazing and friendly. They offer useful honest local advice and the on-site travel consultant is an absolute darling to deal with.

There are no faults that I can find with the Terraces other than perhaps it is what it claims to be, a boutique service apartment. Being in Vanuatu, one cannot resist yearning the island resort ambiance.

Regarding the Havannah, my wife and I made the trek out to have lunch there one afternoon. We arranged for a taxi to take us there and the journey takes about 30-40 minutes. The scenery and waters from the resort were absolutely amazing. If you are happy to spend your entire trip at the resort and not have to venture out, the Havannah is an excellent option. For me, a big minus is the lack of food options. When we visited, there was only one other restaurant within walking distance and that itself had only just opened. The resort is far enough for you not to want to make a trip out every or other night. We were also very disappointed with the resort's policy of not allowing patrons who were not hotel guests to use the beach. The staff were polite enough but I think the 'exclusiveness' was unnecessary. It is a long way to come for lunch and to spend the day so if you were thinking of doing what we did, don't bother.

In short, if you are looking for a comfortable, private and luxurious place to stay that is close to town, I would go with the Terraces hands down. But if you want a beautiful resort that is secluded for you to kick your shoes off, read a book and drink pina coladas all day, go with the Havannah,

Room Tip: Pick the furtherest/lowest apartments - you get more privacy and the view is spectacular.
Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kerwei
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Loved this place: it's private, tasteful, peaceful, beautiful views, helpful staff and a good restaurant. When we stay at resorts we tend to only return at night for a meal and sleep; hopefully it's not a sign of our age but we found ourselves having to get motivated to go out and do stuff rather than lounging around the gorgeous little terrace houses there with the view over the lagoon.

Room Tip: Well from memory we stayed in 308.. I
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tobias B
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This accommodation is some of the best I have ever stayed in and I've been lucky to stay in a lot of accommodation around the world. The layout is open, airy, spacious and beautifully decorated. We had the 2 bedroom Vila at the front which overlooked the lagoon. The private plunge pool and deck with sun lounges is just heaven. The bed and free standing bath is huge! It's tempting not to leave your Vila!

The location is great. We never had an issue getting a taxi to town (500) or a bus (150). We also hired a car one day and parked it overnight at The Terraces.

Wi-Fi did not work on my ipad in the Vila but it did work on my partner's laptop. My ipad did work at The Terraces reception and Mangoes restaurant so no big issue.

We had breakfast in the restaurant and room service for a lunch and a dinner. My only issue with room service is that there was no cover on our food so by the time dinner arrived from Mangoes, it was cold. Lunch arrived hot though, even without covers.

The owners are really lovely and accommodating. We were even able to check out late to enjoy the Vila right up to the time we had to catch our flight. That was really appreciated.

I am really nit picking here, but my only suggestion would be that the cleaning be of a higher standard in order to maintain such beautiful accommodation. Coasters would be handy to protect the furniture. Very small things for such a wonderful place.

Thank you The Terraces!

Room Tip: Vilas at the front and private with a lovely view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NicoleBrisbane
Reviewed September 19, 2013

The terrace apartments have all the ingredients for a luxurious and romantic holiday. Modern equipment ,furniture, extra king size bed, bath and shower. Well appointed, beautiful location with resting views from all rooms especially from the private plunge pool of a lagoon and beautiful canopy trees.
Management were so friendly obliging and helpful nothing was a trouble for them.
The restaurant food was a beautifully presented with an innovative selection.
Sarah and Ros made our holiday with their cheerfulness and information.
The location is not far from the Port and most landmarks.
If you wish total privacy romantic location don't look any further.

Room Tip: All the Terrace Apartments are private from each other however the lower level are very private from the top level. Apartments from numbers 309 -318 seemed the most private. However all the apartments are very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sandra a
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed here as a last minute change of plans as the accommodation we initially booked into was horrible. The accommodation was brilliant with fantastic views and everything we could have asked for. The staff were excellent and so helpful. We had a 2 storey fully self contained apartment with plunge pool adjoining a single storey 1 bed which our elderly mother stayed in so we all had our privacy but were still together. A bit of a hill climb to the main pool, but the view from there are probably one of the best on the island. The food was provided via "Mangoes" which is their adjoining resort and the breakfast was sensational. (would highly recommend trying their muesli). All in all a fantastic place to stay with really helpful staff and great food.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family