“The "Joys" of staying at Vale Vale”

Vale Vale Beachfront Villas
Ranked #1 of 22 Port Vila B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Travelling solo to Vanuatu may have been a daunting prospect for me but due to the help from Susan with the pre-organising of my trip and the assistance from Joy and Dorothy of Vale Vale during my 8 day stay, there were no problems at all. The massage should be an experience enjoyed more than once and the kayaking out to feed the turtles or just to paddle around in the bay is a great experience.

The villas are beautifully appointed and maintained by the lovely, smiling cleaning ladies, the gardeners are constantly beautifying the surroundings and the management and staff could not be more helpful and friendly.

I hope to visit again to introduce my husband to this wonderful place. I loved it so much I extended my stay by an extra two nights. As mentioned in other reviews, if you need to be close to entertainment, restaurants and bars, it is a bit of a trip into Port Vila and part of the Pango Road is due to be graded soon. However, there are a couple of resorts close by that do have restaurants and bars. I walked around 15 minutes down to Paradise Cove one evening to have a nice dinner and watch the spectacular sunset.

I recommend Vale Vale Beachfront Villas to anyone who needs to chill and recharge.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank granjools

Reviewed August 24, 2012

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at Vale Vale Villas in May - everyone made us feel SO welcome - we were even given an enormous squid by one of the local fishermen, which we cooked up in our well equipped kitchen ! Nothing was too much trouble, and Dorothy looked after us brilliantly ! Having a car was the way to go, as we were able to travel easily around the main Island and see other attractions, but it's easy just to hop on a local bus or taxi and head into Port Vila to do shopping or sightseeing. We absolutely loved the relaxed atmosphere, and of course, the serenity of the beachfront Villas. I would thoroughly recommend staying at Vale Vale Villas - it gets a huge "thumbs up" from us !

Room Tip: There are only 8 Villas, all are on the beach, and they are all great Villas.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank andyjones2012
Reviewed August 24, 2012

This was our first trip to Vanuautu. An absolutely amazing location which truly is "beach front". One of the few places in the world where you can walk straight from your deck onto the sand and dive into the crystal clear water. We had an amazing week, relaxing on the day bed, reading and swimming. The villas are new and well equipped. If you are looking for a place to recharge the batteries then I would definitely recommend Vale Vale. The massage included in our stay was a nice touch.

Room Tip: We stayed in Villa 2. All the villas are built on the beach.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RosannePeter
Reviewed August 8, 2012

My wife and I stayed for 2 weeks in July in our private 2 brm Villa right on the Beach. The location is second to none - Jaw dropping Ocean views, peaceful and tranquil surrounds, no other resorts / neighbours next to us ....just the sound of the ocean lapping up on the sand a mere 20 steps from the outdoor deck and day bed. Oh and private Plunge Pool !!!

These are Brand new Villas ( only 8 in total) are beautifully furnished with all the mod cons.
The fully appointed Kitchens enabled us the option to cook our own meals or choose to dine out as we so desired.
The local people are so friendly and thoughtful bringing fresh paw paw and coconuts to our front door.
The Location is as good as I have seen in Port Villa / Efate ie close enough to town and the markets 10 mins or $1.50 local bus ride!! yet it seems like you are a million miles away from everything ..its just so peaceful.
We have never had such a relaxing holiday and we travel a lot around the world.

The staff at Vale Vale from Dorothy who met us at the airport and provided us with our own local mobile phone and arranged a hire car at special rates to Joy, the on- site Manager, nothing was too much trouble.
There is so much to do right on your doorstep ie snorkelling with the clown fish, sea anename, and sea horses , watching the locals catch fish, Kayaking with the local sea turtles in the bay, scenic walks to Honeymoon Bay and up the hills behind the resort etc etc
We are already planning our next holiday to Vanuatu and Vale Vale Villas.... 10 out of 10
In a word Heaven!!!
Ian F Melb

Room Tip: all villas are on the beach with a plunge pool
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank IanF23melbourne
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our short stay at the Vale Vale. The only issue was the distance from the city. It was very hard to find taxis to get us from Vale Vale to the city.. and it is not a short walk.

I will stay there again provided that I have also arranged some sort of transport for myself.. like a 4 x 4 (the roads are pretty bumpy).

The vila itself is beautiful, modern, clean with untouched private views. The property manager there was extremely hospitable. She gave us a mobile phone with some credit and a few important numbers stored. More importantly, I was hungry before departing on our flight and she gave me a couple of banana muffins and caramel popcorn that she had prepared earlier that morning.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Natalie B
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I travelled to Vanuatu in July and stayed at Vale Vale villas. These newly built villas are beautifully finished to a five star standard. To sit on the deck, next to my plunge pool and look out to the blue water only 10metres away was just a delight. I also enjoyed
watching the locals clear their fish traps daily and if you like to cook and eat fish they are very happy to share them with you. Only 10minutes from Port Vila, local buses pass by every 15 minutes to transport you back and forth. Coming back later at night it was nice that security people were on duty and only to happy to make sure you could find your way in the dark, back to your villa.

The management and staff are extremely friendly and accommodating. Just ask, and you will find them very helpful. If you are lucky, Joy may even bake you her Banana muffins.

It is easy to recommend these beautiful villas. They are first class.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
6  Thank Laura123Melbourne
Reviewed July 29, 2012

My stay at Vale Vale (seven nights in July 2012) gave me exactly what I needed - total relaxation. The villas were brand new and very modern, incorporating five star 'hotel-style' luxury with the convenience of a well appointed ultra modern kitchen.

For once, the photos on the website painted the picture exactly as it was - the beautiful lapping waves only a matter of 10 metres from the villa deck. Kayaking and feeding the turtles were daily highlights, but that's about as much energy as was required.

Daily massages, housekeeping, breakfast were all provided with the ever-present Vanuatu smile and fantastic nature of the local people.

Situated approximately 10 minutes out of the Port Vila centre, Vale Vale truly is a location for those wanting (needing??) R&R. Highly recommended!

PS the Air Vanuatu flights direct from and to Melbourne are a bonus - only 3.5 hours flying time on the way over and only a one hour time difference - beats the heck out of Bali!

Room Tip: Every villa is right on the beach - choices of one or two beds - all brand new!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo