We went to this restaurant on the premise the food was good, but the setting was outstanding. you get dropped off by the taxi at the end of a little path through the bushes, and at the end of the lantern lit pathway was a beautiful (small) restaurant overlooking the lagoon. The restaurant probably only seated 50 people.
We booked a table next to tjhe water (and this is a must - as advised by other tripadvisor reviews).
The conversation is stilted due to you both looking down at the water and feeding the fish your bread - which is served upon arrival.
The cocktail list is very small, and they didnt defer from what was listed - so we ended up getting gin n tonic. The wine list was good, and the food was good, but all very expensive. Was by far the most expensive restaurant we went too.
A note from the people sitting next to us, they ordered the seafood platter and it came with Coconut Crab - which is a land crab. So that was rather strange. They didnt recomment the platter, and it was also very expensive.
I recommend going for the view and the romantic nature, but the food was expensive and not the best in town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vila Chaumieres is a child-free Resort set in a lovely tropical garden on the banks of Erakor Lagoon. Renowned for its excellent restaurant, and situated just 4 km from the centre of Port Vila, it offers a peaceful retreat to the discerning traveller seeking an alternative to the large tourist resort, but still within easy reach of all facilities and holiday amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Vila Chaumieres reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vila Chaumieres Hotel Port Vila
- Vila Chaumieres Port
- Vila Chaumieres Vanuatu/Port Vila