My wife and I went to Vanuatu for our honeymoon last month from the 7th -18th December and we could not have been happier. Vila Chaumieres is just far enough away from town that it is quiet and feels like you're own private area, but close enough that it still only costs 150 vatu by bus to get to town. We stayed for 11 nights in garden Bungalow #3 and thought it was perfect!
Ursula and Richard were very accommodating and were very pleasant to talk to and regularly recommended places for us to go that were just perfect. The resort itself was just beautiful with plants everywhere and the walk from the road down to the rooms just amazing. The room was spacious and just perfect for what we needed, and had air conditioning which was great because it was just so hot!
The staff at Vila Chaumieres were friendly and accommodating as there was always someone around when we needed them and the in room service was great too. We were so shocked by the complimentary breakfast because there was just so much food. There was a large fruit platter between the two of us as well as croissants and bread with butter and jam as well as juice, tea, and coffee.
The restaurant was set on the lagoon and is the perfect way to wake up and spend breakfast overlooking the water and ridiculous number of starfish that just look amazing.
The pool was terrific and we went spent so much time out there either in the pool and lazing around in the hammock. It felt as if it was our own private pool!
There was also kayaks available for use as well as reef shoes and snorkelling equipment supplied for us which we took full advantage of.
The perfect escape for our honeymoon but would recommend it to anyone!
We drove past the resorts closer to town and can honestly say that we were so happy to be that bit further out of town, it was just that much nicer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vila Chaumieres is a child-free Resort set in a lovely tropical garden on the banks of Erakor Lagoon. Renowned for its excellent restaurant, and situated just 4 km from the centre of Port Vila, it offers a peaceful retreat to the discerning traveller seeking an alternative to the large tourist resort, but still within easy reach of all facilities and holiday amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Vila Chaumieres reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vila Chaumieres Hotel Port Vila
- Vila Chaumieres Port
- Vila Chaumieres Vanuatu/Port Vila