“Love This Place”
Review of Vila Chaumieres

Vila Chaumieres
Ranked #30 of 47 Hotels in Port Vila
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Just spent five very relaxing days here in a lagoon view room. WONDERFUL ....adult only...tick.....lovely food...tick....lovely room...tick...wonderful owners and staff...tick....I have recommended this place to friends and work colleagues and you MUST try the Seafood Platter for Two

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Clare F
There are newer reviews for Vila Chaumieres

Reviewed October 6, 2013

I have just returned from a fabulous relaxing week at Vila Chaumieres. Ursula and Richard were so helpful, even joining me (a single person) on an excursion. The view, relaxing surrounds, art in the garden (clever Ursula), staff service and meals were the best one ever. Coconut crab and seafood crepes highly recommended! Watching the sealife in the lagoon below the restaurant as one eats is a pleasure as is kayaking the waters early in the morning - magic! I will return, see you next year Ursula and Richard and a million thanks for the best distressing holiday ever.

Room Tip: Both lagoon rooms and bungalows spacious and beautifully presented with original art
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Gail K
Reviewed September 28, 2013

After reading fantastic reviews only, we booked three nights at Vila Chaumieres for a stay in September. Our rooms were nice and clean, but if you're after al tropical lazy holiday, this is not the right place to stay. The small lagoon beach displayed on their website actually belongs to the neighbours (private) and not accessible by guests. There's a small but slightly grotty pool with a couple of chairs, so there isn't really a place to kick back and relax, which is what we were after. The lagoon isn't very inviting to swim in we thought.
The restaurant is very nice but expensive. Richard and his wife were very nice and friendly but we experienced other staff to be disinterested and sometimes a bit rude. Overall, the hotel is good value for money but probably better suited to those who want a base for island activities.

2  Thank Sunseekers-Melbourne
Reviewed September 22, 2013

A big thank you to richard and his team. We have a super relaxing week with them. The staff were always so freindly and courtious. The room was excellent all the things you needed. The bed was comfortable too.

The food was excellent alway. Spot on the the quality and ingredients.

Many thanks. Nic and Cheyne

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Our stay at Vila Chaumieres met all our expectations. Richard and Ursula were great hosts attentive yet not intrusive and very friendly.
The meals were first class with the fisherman's feast a must try, served in an idyllic setting.
Ask Richard for one of his Long Island Teas. We have tried them all over the Pacific and his are the best. Try one lazing by the pool.
Richard and Ursula were quick to assess what we wanted to do during our stay and their advice was always helpful.
We stayed in an upstairs room that was tastefully decorated and had great views over the lagoon.
Overall a great holiday we will always remember.

Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

What a gem of a place. Nice cute little garden set bungalows, which are actually quite spacious inside. Some upstairs apartments too I believe. I stayed in one of the bungalows - room 3 - and was so impressed with the warm inviting welcome Richard gave me, fresh off the plane, with good advice on how to get there by taking a local bus from town.

I paid $150 AUD / 135,000 Vt for a night's accommodation.

Value for money in Port Vila, most definitely. I was presented with a fruit platter and lime juice in my private bar fridge on arrival, which felt welcoming and personal. I was told that a tropical breakfast was included with my night's stay, and that I could check out as late as I wanted, because that room wasn't booked the next day.

The restaurant was fabulous! I feel like I should make that a topic of a separate review, but this has to be mentioned here. Don't bother going out to eat - this is where people from lesser hotels travel to for dinner! Wonderful lagoon setting too.

Lovely gardens and everything has a high quality feel and personal touch. I absolutely loved it. I would have stayed another night or two but for Old Macdonald's Farm next door :,(

Neighbour's barking dogs and crowing roosters woke me countless times in the night, and this was quite stressful considering I was so terribly and painfully underslept already. One of the dogs sounded like it was right outside my window so felt like it was in the room with me.

For anybody who hates dogs, or worse, any sort of noise when they are sleeping, the first thing I thought, when I woke up in the morning was "I have to get out of here", which is just such a shame considering what a lovely little place it is, and it's not the owners' fault. Unfortunately you just can't pick your neighbours... Or their unfortunate pets.

I'm not sure if every room is like this, but I did overhear some other guests at the restaurant mention "dogs and roosters".

I'm very grateful to the hosts at this charming little place. They set a standard all other hotels should follow :)

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank SpineCorp
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Our stay at Vila Chaumieres was just great - we planned to relax (and did) but also had heaps of fun exploring Port Vila and surroundings using Vila Chaumieres as a base. Richard and Ursula quickly understood the types of things we liked to do and provided good advice and help. We stayed in both the garden room and lagoon room over two visits - both were lovely.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple