What a gem of a place. Nice cute little garden set bungalows, which are actually quite spacious inside. Some upstairs apartments too I believe. I stayed in one of the bungalows - room 3 - and was so impressed with the warm inviting welcome Richard gave me, fresh off the plane, with good advice on how to get there by taking a local bus from town.
I paid $150 AUD / 135,000 Vt for a night's accommodation.
Value for money in Port Vila, most definitely. I was presented with a fruit platter and lime juice in my private bar fridge on arrival, which felt welcoming and personal. I was told that a tropical breakfast was included with my night's stay, and that I could check out as late as I wanted, because that room wasn't booked the next day.
The restaurant was fabulous! I feel like I should make that a topic of a separate review, but this has to be mentioned here. Don't bother going out to eat - this is where people from lesser hotels travel to for dinner! Wonderful lagoon setting too.
Lovely gardens and everything has a high quality feel and personal touch. I absolutely loved it. I would have stayed another night or two but for Old Macdonald's Farm next door :,(
Neighbour's barking dogs and crowing roosters woke me countless times in the night, and this was quite stressful considering I was so terribly and painfully underslept already. One of the dogs sounded like it was right outside my window so felt like it was in the room with me.
For anybody who hates dogs, or worse, any sort of noise when they are sleeping, the first thing I thought, when I woke up in the morning was "I have to get out of here", which is just such a shame considering what a lovely little place it is, and it's not the owners' fault. Unfortunately you just can't pick your neighbours... Or their unfortunate pets.
I'm not sure if every room is like this, but I did overhear some other guests at the restaurant mention "dogs and roosters".
I'm very grateful to the hosts at this charming little place. They set a standard all other hotels should follow :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vila Chaumieres is a child-free Resort set in a lovely tropical garden on the banks of Erakor Lagoon. Renowned for its excellent restaurant, and situated just 4 km from the centre of Port Vila, it offers a peaceful retreat to the discerning traveller seeking an alternative to the large tourist resort, but still within easy reach of all facilities and holiday amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your Vila Chaumieres reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vila Chaumieres Hotel Port Vila
- Vila Chaumieres Port
- Vila Chaumieres Vanuatu/Port Vila