“Good accommodation, close to everything”
Review of Kaiviti Motel

Kaiviti Motel
Ranked #34 of 47 Hotels in Port Vila
Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in standard studio (ground floor) next to the poolI know!)

Room was spacy, with air conditioner and ceiling fan

Good place for those willing to cook and stay close to centre

However, overpriced for simple accommodation

• Stayed: January 2013

Reviewed January 4, 2013

We spend 4 nights in a fan room at the 1st floor.the hotel is in a central position,the pool is ok,the small bar is ok,the room is really big with a kitchenette where you can cook because is with tools.the bathroom has a proper shower/tube.the bed is fine.everything is really clean.everything is basic but really fair for what you pay.the staff is nice and the manager really helpful and friendly.if you are looking for something central safe and cheap this is the right place.the only thing is that is a bit loud sometime in the night due to a casino bar next door.

Room Tip: The rooms upstairs are more quiet and you have a balcony and more privacy.you have a nice view over...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2012

My Partner and I stayed 10 nights at the Kaivita Motel in October 2012, Its the best Location in Port Vila, Just a short walk into town and to the super market.
I Highly recomend the Kaiviti if you want to cook some of your own meals, However if you wanted to have a cooked breakfast they had a set menu which looked really good, and they had a daily special for the evening meal which was 1200vt
We were on the third floor over looking the Pool area and the awesum view of the harbour, (A Big Thankyou for putting us in this room, 35)
I found the staff very good and helpful whenever I asked them anything. Our room was cleaned daily. The pool area is great and was always clean, thanks to the awesum staff who work very hard to keep the high standed. There are resturants all round to choose from if you want a lovely meal, I would recomend the Waterfront just down the hill, awesum meals and good music.
We will stay here again, A big thankyou to you all :)
The Motel was awesum, I will stay there again.
I would recomend the third floor overlooking the harbour, your view is fantastic,

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I first visited Kaiviti in 1992 with my parents. When I stayed recently with my own family, I was delighted to find the pool area renovated. However, the two bedroom apartment we stayed in was well below the standard of accommodation we would normally choose. It was unchanged in 20 years, and there was a strong damp or mouldy smell throughout. The furniture is very old, and the beds are awful, and the balcony railing on our room was very unsturdy and a safety hazard.

As far as location goes, Kaiviti is perfect if you want to explore the town.

The pool bar is handy, offering meals and drinks, but the staff seemed under trained, they were slow and lacklustre.

The images of the newly renovated rooms look fantastic, but I think it might be time to spruce up the rest of the motel property, so that it provides a better experience for all.

I was uncomfortable to spend any meaningful length of time in our room, preferring to sit by the beautiful pool.

The manager was friendly and accommodating, however I won't be staying there again.

Room Tip: Choose the newly renovated executive rooms on the ground floor. Do NOT get a two bedroom unit.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MrsHawker
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Stayed 10 days on business and was able walk around Port Vila with out the need of a car. Each night I was able to eat a different special of the day, rather than choosing from the set menu.
An early morning swim in the pool followed by a cooked Breakfast set the tone for a days work.
The Motel staff always greeted me with a big smile and the security staff in uniform made me feel safe at night.
Well done Kaiviti Team.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors have balcony views of Port Vila Harbour
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Hi There to the Kaiviti team ,
I had ten days with you in may/june 2012 and your property and team was perfect for me.Clean and tidy ,Superb location (no need for a car) The pool and snack bar are an excellent addition.All the staff happy and helpful.I will be back .
Cheers Blakey.

Room Tip: For me upstairs o/looking the bar and pool is good ,Harbour view a bonus.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Gregory C
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Second visit to The Kaiviti in four years showed some improvements. The pool area is now very good with basic meals on offer for a reasonable price. Location is excellent as you are very close to town and a couple of supermarkets selling Australian stock and French goods. The meat area in the French supermarket is open for longer hours than most, which can be a benefit. Meat from both supermarkets was very nice.

The rooms for a couple have undergone improvements and have air con and comfortable beds. The family units with 2 bedrooms are yet to be updated. Rooms are adequate without being wonderful. Our bed and lounge suite were showing their age.

Internet service is a joke and not worth paying for as it's ridiculously slow - better to go into town and use one of the service providers there. The Melanesian is next door and the cultural evening is worth a visit but the BBQ offered is pretty poor - better to select from the menu.

Staff were extremely helpful. Special mention for Ashley who went out of her way to be helpful on our last day. She kept a room available for my teenager who stayed behind as she was unwell whilst we went on a tour, even though we had checked out.

The Sportsman's bar located near Parliament House offered good value meals equal to a pub meal for around 1000vut. Worthwhile tours are buggy fun rentals (jungle safari) which is just up the road, Blokarting, Big Blue for snorkeling & scuba diving, Ziplining and Ecotours.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family