I stayed in a studio bungalow for 1 month. This was the best find for value for a safe one person self-contained accommodation close to the hospital (just a few hundred metres walk across the road and through the village) and a convenient and safe walking distance to town. The studio could accommodate up to 2 people. Valerie went out of her way to make me feel at home, even driving guests once to town, providing maps and tips about the local area, organising tours and activities for guests. The gardener would put coconuts and bananas from the garden on the table for the guests. Electricity never went out, the gas stove worked well and water pressure was decent. There was one free load of washing each week. This was not a luxury 5 star accommodation room but very suitable if you are looking for a comfortable home while working in Port Vila. The only critiques I had was that the shower head was cracked, the shower head holder would come apart and the toilet would clog up at times but these were not big problems. It was a great place to call home for 1 month and Valerie and the staff were very accommodating. Would definitely recommend for future guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Serviced Air-conditioned Studio Bungalows Serviced 3 Bedroom Townhouse Serviced 2 Bedroom Apartment Experience the relaxed comfort of home while exploring the unique culture and beautiful lifestyle of Vanuatu. Overlooking the serene waters of Erakor Lagoon, Tradewinds Resort offers self-contained bungalows in the peace and quiet of the 'suburbs'. A 10 min walk will take you to the fresh fruit and vegetable markets in town, or a short stroll to the local restaurants when you feel like dining out. The air-conditioned bungalows also have ceiling fans and can be configured as twin share or double. The kitchenette is equipped with microwave, jug, toaster, and full-size refrigerator and includes crockery and cutlery and cooking utensils. For the family or small groups, the 3 bedroom Townhouse or 2 bedroom apartment overlooking Erakor Lagoon would be a great base for your Vanuatu adventure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Cancelon so you can book your Tradewinds Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tradewinds Hotel Port Vila
- Tradewinds Villas Vanuatu/Port Vila