My daughter and I stayed at Mitch's resort for 8 days. The accommodation was spotless thanks to the lovely Ni Vanuatuan staff. We had a two bedroom, two bathroom unit with air conditioning in the bedrooms, and a lovely deck overlooking the Erakor lagoon.
We used the pool every day, and it was always clean.
I really enjoyed the complete lack of city noise. There were no intrusive thumping stereos, and the only cars you heard from the resort were the airport pickups.
Recommmended highly for those who want a peaceful break.
If you wanted to go down to the "bright lights" of Vila, then there was a better local bus service- very decrepit mini van buses, but good drivers- than at home.
I might add that the local people are honest, friendly, did not expect tips, nor were there any touts. Touts are the bane of many tourist destinations.
Linda from Mount Maunganui, New Zealand
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Serviced Air-conditioned Studio Bungalows Serviced 3 Bedroom Townhouse Serviced 2 Bedroom Apartment Experience the relaxed comfort of home while exploring the unique culture and beautiful lifestyle of Vanuatu. Overlooking the serene waters of Erakor Lagoon, Tradewinds Resort offers self-contained bungalows in the peace and quiet of the 'suburbs'. A 10 min walk will take you to the fresh fruit and vegetable markets in town, or a short stroll to the local restaurants when you feel like dining out. The air-conditioned bungalows also have ceiling fans and can be configured as twin share or double. The kitchenette is equipped with microwave, jug, toaster, and full-size refrigerator and includes crockery and cutlery and cooking utensils. For the family or small groups, the 3 bedroom Townhouse or 2 bedroom apartment overlooking Erakor Lagoon would be a great base for your Vanuatu adventure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Tradewinds Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tradewinds Hotel Port Vila
- Tradewinds Villas Vanuatu/Port Vila