We stayed 6 nights at Poppys. Lovely place and wonderful staff/facilities. The complex is a nice small family run resort, quiet and discrete. There is a nice mix of units to suit both the family size, view and budget. You can walk into Port Villa in around 15-20 minutes. Nothing is too much bother for the staff who go out of they way to assist you. We stayed in one of the garden view units (#19) looking out at 'guess what' as well as a lovely and very private (no kids) pool. Beautiful unit with nice compact outdoor area with table and chairs which we used to the max!! Unit very clean and tidy, insect-free and serviced daily. Some of the local dogs do like to serenade you at night and we closed the ventilation shutters to minimise this. Very nice continental breakfast. Took advantage of the free kayaks which are very stable and spent a few hours (especially early morning) on the lagoon. There is quite a steep driveway leading from the complex to the road above, however if this is a problem you can requests the buses/taxis to take up up (or down). We ate at different local restuarants (including Poppys) and found these to be fairly reasonable (although slightly higher-priced that N.Z.). Locals are simply marvellous and friendly, with the children especially photogenic (they love doing 'high-5's' and invariably say 'Hi'. Considering the poverty there, it is a wonderful compliment to the locals that they are so friendly and outgoing. Use the local bus (minivans) with number plates beginning with the letter (B) to get around. They will take you anywhere in and around Port Villa for 150V per passenger. They are everywhere, there are no actual stops as we know them, so you only need to hail them, and tell them where you want to go. Quite often they will slow down and ask if you want a ride - you either do or you dont!! The locals don't beg or pressure you to buy (like Bali) and accept "No" with grace. Overall a great experience at a lovely establishment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Poppys on the Lagoon is an award winning boutique resort located on Erakor Lagoon. With private beachfront, a tropical oasis of gardens and only a 15 minute walk or 2 minute drive to Port Vila's town center, Poppys is the perfect getaway for friends, family and couples. Poppys on the Lagoon has a wide range of accommodation options, from unbeatable value lagoon view studios to freestanding luxury bungalows, 2 bedroom apartments and huge 3 bedroom villas. All accommodation options enjoy modern comforts and all have kitchen facilities, private balconies and are furnished with beautiful tropical style decor. As a family owned and operated business, Poppys will feel like your home away from home in Paradise! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Poppy's on the Lagoon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Poppy`s On The Lagoon Hotel Port Vila
- Poppys On The Lagoon Hotel
- Poppys Lagoon
- Poppy's On The Lagoon Vanuatu/Port Vila