“Great idea!”

Underwater Post Office
Ranked #13 of 59 things to do in Port Vila
More attraction details
Owner description: The world’s only underwater post office lets you buy a waterproof postcard on land, fill it out and dive into the ocean to mail it, and you don't even need diving experience.
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I found it difficult to post my card ( buoyancy issues). Luckily I had my sister with me who had no problems. My grandson in Singapore thought it was fantastic to receive a card from here as he had not heard of it before.

1  Thank KirstenWollongong
There are newer reviews for Underwater Post Office

Reviewed March 29, 2013

It was fun, easy to get to and original. Hideaway Island is wonderful, I got a photo of me manning the post office. My only customer was a fish, though.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

We spent nearly 10 days swimming around the underwater post office, and while years in the water has made it loose its colour and brightness, its still such an unique sight to see.

Seeing and feeding the variety of fish swim around and through the post office, and octopuss near by, as well as the expert snorkelers swim through the little post office was some great veiwing.

While I would not go to Hideaway specifically just for the post office, the rest of the snorkeling sea kayaking, glass bottom boat, snorkeling safari's and if your keen scuba diving as well as the friendly staff and good food will make your whole day worth while

Reviewed March 21, 2013

This was a great day trip from our resort. The island is a beautiful setting with crystal clear water. On arrival the staff go through the timetable for the day if you wish to participate in the events, if not you are free to relax.
The underwater Post Office was a great attraction for our children who spent a great deal of time swimming through the building and posting waterproof cards. Yes the Post Office shows it's age but nevertheless still a great experience.
Snorkeling on the island was excellent

Reviewed March 14, 2013

The snorkeling was great and the post office was interesting and different but it is so old and run down now that it just looked like a tin shed under water. Go to the island for snorkeling, diving and food but not just for the post office.