All reviewsdive shopday trippersthe underwater post officehideaway islanddive sitestwin sharedive crewfishmele villagedive holidaymelanesian feastcurrybeach barglass bottom boatgreat divingopen watersnorkelling safari
Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

Stayed 9 nights in a 1 bedroom ocean view bungalow and the room excellent. Our room was very private overlooking the ocean. The resort is relaxed and staff are so friendly and incredibly helpful. Food was delish loved going out on the boat to feed the fish and also the snorkle safari was fantastic.so many fish it really was fantastic. Looking forward to visiting again

Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
hideawayisland, General Manager at Hideaway Island Resort & Marine Sanctuary, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2018

Hi Seanna,

When our guests have a good time it always makes us happy. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and hope we see you again soon!

Aloha

Stanley and Sherri

Reviewed July 27, 2018 via mobile

Where do I even begin? How do I describe how amazing this place is?

It’s absolutely paradise. I had a long review written out but it was too long so I’ve had to keep it short.

All I can say, I have a glowing opinion of this place.

I came here to celebrate my 21st birthday and the staff and management of Hideaway went above and beyond to make my week AMAZING!

EVERYTHING that I want to touch on here (staff, accommodation, food and entertainment) was absolutely an amazing 10/10 experience. The staff were prompt, professional, friendly and caring. The accommodation was beautiful, secluded and always kept clean and tidy, the food was FANTASTIC (coconut curry is a MUST try). The entertainment, which compromised of MANY family friendly activities (snorkelling, boat rides, volleyball, movies, Melanesian buffets, etc.) was fun, professionally run and as said before, family friendly. The ferry was very easy to board and super easy to understand how the timetable worked (ie none ;)).

The staff even went to the trouble to organise a birthday cake and sing me happy birthday in three different languages! By the end of the trip my mum and I were on first name basis with the staff and management.

I can’t reccommend this place ENOUGH. Please do yourself a favour and stay here for as long as possible.

Big shout-out to Stanley and Sherri for being such welcoming and caring hosts and shout-out to Tuesday and Wednesday for being so cute!

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
hideawayisland, Manager at Hideaway Island Resort & Marine Sanctuary, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2018

Aloha Nicci!

It was such a pleasure to get to know you and your wonderful mother. People like you are why we love this job! We look forward so seeing you again....hopefully soon.

Stanley & Sherri

Reviewed July 27, 2018

Best holiday we have had. Staff go above and beyond to make guests feel welcome. Food wonderful, snorkeling amazing, so much to says. We loved loved , loved our stay. Got home yesterday, already planning our next visit.

Stayed: July 2018
hideawayisland, General Manager at Hideaway Island Resort & Marine Sanctuary, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2018

It was such a pleasure to have your family here. Glad you loved it! Hope to see you here again soon.

Reviewed July 13, 2018 via mobile

Our first time to Vanuatu and we had no idea what to expect. It was a late flight, so we arrived at 2am. Phillip, the ferry captain, waited for us, carried my wife's 50 lb. suitcase on his shoulder to the Pool Villa with a smile on his face. That was the first hint that these people were exceptional and caring. As we got a late start in the morning the entire staff knew of our arrival and although breakfast was over they took care of us.
Stanley and Sherri, the managers, were wonderful too. It's not an easy job but they are working to keep improving the property and have many projects underway and great plans too. It was almost like staying with family, but this one was even nicer!
We both needed to relax after some true stress at work and home and this was the medicine we needed. I don't think I have ever felt more relaxed in my life. What a setting, our villa had total privacy and exclusive connection to the ocean. Yes some things need attention and this is not a cruise ship or high class resort, I suppose that's what I really liked, not a bunch of stuck up people who feel entitiled. Just real down to earth lovely people.
We only ventured into town once, why leave paradise? But as we traveled we found out how lovely the people of Vanuatu are, and that made our trip and we look forward to returning again.
If you are not a high maintenance person, want to relax and be around real caring people, this is the place.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
hideawayisland, General Manager at Hideaway Island Resort & Marine Sanctuary, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2018

Thank you for your review. Our staff really does enjoy making our guests happy and comfortable. Indeed we are not a five star location but we do strive to make everyone feel at home.

Thank you for coming to Hideaway. It was a pleasure to get to know you. We hope we see you again, sooner than later. Whenever you feel stress at work or home, close your eyes and picture Hideaway. It's good medicine!

Kindest tropical regards,
Sherri & Stanley

Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

This was one of our favorite stay in Vanuatu or even on our world trip. The best house reef I have ever seen. They really take care of it and a lot of signs mention not to stand or touch corals which helps to train tourists. The island offers snorkel gear, kayaks, SUP, etc. The gears are well maintained and free of use for hotel guests. You also can go diving (extra costs) and I can highly recommend that dive spot. The restaurant is straight at the beach and the advantage of staying on the island is that there are only a few people in the morning/evening before the day tour guests arrive/leave.
Now, you need to know that the standard rooms are basic and the toilet/showers are shared. There are two combined toilet/shower cabins for around 6 rooms. Therefore, the cabins are heavily used and not always clean. Additional toilet/shower cabins could help to improve that.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind review. We do realize the issues with the toilets/shower cabins and that is on the schedule to be improved.

(For readers thinking of staying here the bungalows are not shared so that is an upgrade option for not much more.)

We are glad you enjoyed the reef. The Marine Sanctuary is our pride and joy, after, of course our wonderful staff. Thank you for coming to Hideaway Island Resort & Marine Sanctuary.