First trip to Vanuatu. We stayed at Erakor for 10 nights in October - my wife and 11yo and 15yo son.
Having travelled to Fiji in the past, we thought Fijians were the friendliest people in the world and were a bit concerned about what this trip would be like. We need not have worried....
Absolutely magic - the staff of Erakor were absolutely magnificent - at the end of our 10 days we felt like we were part of the family. Never have I felt so relaxed and "at home" while travelling - there were even tears when we departed. A special mention to Gilbert who adopted our 11 yo and taught him much about local culture and hunting.... also to Chief Henry and Blanca who also kept Mitch busy and presented him with a staff T-shirt for helping out around the Resort.
My wife celebrated her birthday while at Erakor - to her surprise, a group of the staff (led by Gilbert) came to our Villa singing Happy Birthday and presented her with a Vodka Cocktail in a Coconut - absolutely priceless!!!!
We stayed in Villa 1 - perfect for us with the boys upstairs and our bed overlooking the pristine water. The amenities are comfortable and sufficient and the daybed on the verandah and nearby hammock was a great extra...
Snorkelling from the doorstep - unbeatable...... some areas of the reef just 50 meters from the Villa were like diving in someone's aquarium!! Sea snakes, Moray eels, Nemos - in fact the whole cast of "Finding Nemo" were easily found.
Breakfast was basic, but provided all we needed to get us through a hectic day of snorkelling and laying around. Dinner at Erakor was good, but a tad expensive - but a short Ferry ride and we found some pretty good restaurants in Port Vila with very reasonable prices. Having said that, we did eat on the Island more than on the mainland.
The Melanesian Night with the Fire Dancers was great entertainment.
Any little imperfections that you may notice around the island are completely overshadowed by the incredible staff - the management of Erakor should be very proud of their people!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Erakor Island Resort is a beautiful unspoiled island paradise, situated in crystal clear waters on its own private 16 acre island surrounded by white sandy beaches. All bungalows are waterfront with the lagoon just steps away from your private veranda. Enjoy the beauty of staying on a quiet tropical island with easy access to everything off the island, Erakor offers all the facilities of a major resort, but in a relaxed and secluded atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Despegar.com so you can book your Erakor Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Erakor Island Resort And Spa
- Erakor Island Hotel Port Vila
- Erakor Island Resort & Spa Vanuatu/Port Vila