Straying down the road at the Nasama Resort, we were able to see the resort across the lagoon. Not being intrepid enough to paddle accross on the kayaks, we caught the B Bus to the jetty next to the le lagoon.
We paid the $10vt per head to catch the ferry across to the island and this fee comes off your purchases.
For anyone who has read our other reviews, we are much more at home watching the active people doing all the snorkelling, paddling and swimming. So after a liesurely walk along the beach and thru the resort we settled in at the sun drenched open restaurant with a bottle of bubbles and a great view.
The menu covers all food tastes and budgets with wine & beers to match. We shared a lovely seafood paltter and nice NZ wines by the glass.
The stafff were helpful, couteous and interesting - they must have been to put up with us for about 3 hours.
A day trip to Erakor Island is far superior to Hideway (if snorkelling is not your thing).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Erakor Island Resort is a beautiful unspoiled island paradise, situated in crystal clear waters on its own private 16 acre island surrounded by white sandy beaches. All bungalows are waterfront with the lagoon just steps away from your private veranda. Enjoy the beauty of staying on a quiet tropical island with easy access to everything off the island, Erakor offers all the facilities of a major resort, but in a relaxed and secluded atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Erakor Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Erakor Island Hotel Port Vila
- Erakor Island Resort And Spa
- Erakor Island Resort & Spa Vanuatu/Port Vila