This was our 1st holiday without our kids. We spent 7 days at Erakor from 26th Dec to 2nd Jan 2013. We booked the Romance Package. This Island is truely beautiful not just for the amazing views & crystal clear waters but the moment we stepped onto the ferry Donald greeted us with such friendliness.Upon arriving onto the isalnd we were greeted by Natalie who immediately took us to the bar for a cool welcome drink. She gave us the run down of the island & the events for the week. We could do as much or as little as we wanted.
Our room (No. 8) was very modern & newly renovated. We had a deck facing the water which was only 10 steps off the deck with our own private sunlounges & hammock. We had a private outdoor spa & shower. The snorkelling was beautiful with loads of starfish & coral to look at.
Thursday nights was Melanisian Feast night, we were treated to some traditional island dancing & Karva tasting (this is not to everyones liking but worth tasting just to say you've done it) and the food was abundant but the surprise of the night was the Fire Dancers, we thought this would be fairly tame, boy were we wrong. These dancers were amazing, they danced to up beat hip music & the show was brilliant.
In our package it included a chefs dinner. We were happily surprised to see our private table set up on a private little beach lit up with candles under the moonlight. Chef Tyrone designed a 4 course meal set around our likes & dislikes. This was a meal to remember!!! Lyndon you have got yourself one hell of a chef!
We also had a pinic lunch made up including a bottle of French champagne that we could take anywhere to enjoy.
I could go on & on about how much we enjoyed this holiday (if you stay in room 8 read the guest comments book because there were so many more people we thanked in it.
The only draw back was the weather - it was just so humid. We were told the best time weather wise is from April to early Nov.
Thankyou Lyndon for suggesting that we book to stay at your Island & Resort. We are planing to return with our friends & stay in the 'Big Housé' (the house sleeps from 6 - 10) what a fun holiday that will be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Erakor Island Resort is a beautiful unspoiled island paradise, situated in crystal clear waters on its own private 16 acre island surrounded by white sandy beaches. All bungalows are waterfront with the lagoon just steps away from your private veranda. Enjoy the beauty of staying on a quiet tropical island with easy access to everything off the island, Erakor offers all the facilities of a major resort, but in a relaxed and secluded atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Erakor Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Erakor Island Resort And Spa
- Erakor Island Hotel Port Vila
- Erakor Island Resort & Spa Vanuatu/Port Vila