We stayed in bungalow number 7 on the mainland side of the island. It was a beautiful room, very quiet, and we had no problems with it. Staff came by and did a full room clean every day if you wanted, and the rooms were always left very clean. The only downside of the rooms is that on our first night the doors had been left open during the day and the room was swarming with mosquitoes. Would be good if they invested in screens or kept doors closed before guests arrived.
The food on the island was good. Lunch menu was your normal choices - wraps, burgers etc. We did find the food slightly overpriced compared to what was available in Port Vila but it wasn't too bad. The staff were all very attentive and the service was great. Melenesian feast night was awesome! Very good fun.
The ferry back and forth from the island was very regular, and we never had problems getting a taxi or bus into town from the Wharf. While we were there we also ate at Vila Chaumiere and Chill. Both were fantastic. We would highly recommend a trip there.
We also did the Mele Beach (Sea Horse Ranch) horse riding which was great. The horses were very friendly and the ride was brilliant. We also did the zorbing which was a great experience. Natalie at the tour desk of Erakor Island was brilliant - we had no problems with booking any tours or island activities. It was all very easy.
We would definitely stay at Erakor Island again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Erakor Island Resort is a beautiful unspoiled island paradise, situated in crystal clear waters on its own private 16 acre island surrounded by white sandy beaches. All bungalows are waterfront with the lagoon just steps away from your private veranda. Enjoy the beauty of staying on a quiet tropical island with easy access to everything off the island, Erakor offers all the facilities of a major resort, but in a relaxed and secluded atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Expedia, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Erakor Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Erakor Island Hotel Port Vila
- Erakor Island Resort And Spa
- Erakor Island Resort & Spa Vanuatu/Port Vila