We stayed for 4 nights for a wedding in February and March 2012. The "resort" is located on an island about 400m across a lagoon from Port Villa. We checked the trip advisor reports prior to coming and it is hard to reconcile the reviews with what we experienced. Rooms don't have air conditioning, television, phones, internet access or mini bars. There is no room service. The property doesn't have a pool, gym or any recreation courts. We had problems with the toilet and the fan in our room - the fan squeaked and the toilet blocked up. The showers ran hot and cold. The buffet style breakfast included two hot dishes - eggs and banana pancakes. The food provided for the wedding was very good but food for the rest of the stay was very average and expensive. The property was picturesque with lots of landscaping and was well maintained in that respect. However, like most beaches on Efate the beaches at Erakor are not really for swimming - they look great in photos but have lots of coral and rocks underneath the water - to bathe you need to wear dive boots to walk out to any depth. They are good for snorkelling though. The ferry service operates continuously but you will usually have to wait 5 - 10 minutes if it is in transit already.
This is not a luxurious resort by any standards and is very basic, even compared to facilities offered in a country motel in Australia. As long as you are aware of what you are getting for your money, this may suit but if you want actual "resort" standards look for another property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Erakor Island Resort is a beautiful unspoiled island paradise, situated in crystal clear waters on its own private 16 acre island surrounded by white sandy beaches. All bungalows are waterfront with the lagoon just steps away from your private veranda. Enjoy the beauty of staying on a quiet tropical island with easy access to everything off the island, Erakor offers all the facilities of a major resort, but in a relaxed and secluded atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Erakor Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Erakor Island Resort And Spa
- Erakor Island Hotel Port Vila
- Erakor Island Resort & Spa Vanuatu/Port Vila