My wife and I with our 3 children were over at Le Lagon for around 7 days. The kids club was fantastic and the staff were very friendly, sometime they were too polite not to be assertive enough and be upfront with you when asking something from them. There were times we found that the staff ( some 200+++ ) of them were not sure and to be quite frank, have not got a clue to some of the questions you brought to their attention. They would get on the phone and ring someone in bislama ( their language) and then return to you with a totally different answer to the one they previously told you. I know that everyone makes mistake however I believe that this problem went on for quite a while ( 3-4days). I will explain why...
As we booked for our holiday, my wife and I decided not to go for the all-inclusive package, we don't drink for a start plus I like the idea of checking out different restaurants whereever we go. We booked 2 rooms ( 3 kids) so the kids can eat free unlimited ( as on their website and every adverising agents out there)... what they did not clarify was that because we as parents did not buy the all inclusive package, kids can only drink cordial during meal time and not in any other time... We asked around so many staff members but no one could give us a straight answer, quite frustrating. Our kids were quite polite in waiting patiently for their drinks at the pool bar, but no bar men paid them any attention for sometimes up to 30 minutes until they came begging us to get them a drink. It was quite annoying as we found out that all-inclusive other kids wore a band on their wrist, but ours didn't so that is why they did not get acknowledge all these times. ( Discrimination???) Mind you, false advertisement... I approached the reception staff and finally spoke to some manager who told us that because we did not buy the all inclusive package, our kids are not to get what other kids get... I was so close to paying the money just to let my children ( 8,8,5 ages) get the drink whenever they want ( hot weather ) ...but I decided against it and went to town and bought heaps of soft drinks for a fraction of the cost... so beware of the traps of LeLagon's advertisement.
On the positive note, breakfast is great, never order room service from the wild ginger if you are starving... but overall the staff are great, management is to blame if anyone is to be blamed.
Try out the chinese restaurant in town, the best in the world and chill restaurant is very nice, tilli on the waterfront, food is beautiful...Irririki restaurant facing the Museum ( Port Villa) is very nice... their punch is the nicest...
The kids really want to go back there just to join the kids club, I am not sure, we might try somewhere different next time...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu is situated on 75 acres of exotic tropical gardens on the edge of the pristine Erakor Lagoon. Promising some of the finest accommodations in Vanuatu, Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu is the ideal place for your Vanuatu Holiday. The resort offers 140 guest rooms ranging from classic rooms, garden & lagoon superior rooms, garden and lagoon bungalows, to four luxurious over-water island suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Warwick Le Lagon Resort & Spa, Vanuatu Hotel Port Vila
- Warwick Le Lagon Resort And Spa, Vanuatu
- Le Lagon Hotel Vanuatu
- Vanuatu Le Lagon
- Le Lagon Vanuatu Resort
- Lagon Le Resort Vanuatu
- Le Lagon Port Vila
- Port Vila Le Lagon
- Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu Port Vila