Le Lagon Great place to stay. Made for a fantastic holiday.
I travelled to Vanuatu with my husband and three children and my husbands parents. We stayed from the 11th to the 18th of June. I must say that we were blessed with the best weather.
We stayed at Le Lagon. We both had Lagoon View rooms. Room numbers 115 & 121, with my eldest child bunking in with his grandparents. Both of these room were great, located at the Erakor Island wharf end of the resort. The rooms were spacious enough and were very clean. Each room had a safe in it, so there is no excuse to have any valuables taken.
The new pool is finished and is big and it looks great with two swim up bars. Yes they are still working on the older pool and two spa's. This does not cause any problems as the new pool is more than big enough for all the guests. The workers didn't bother us at all.
The whole resort looks great.
My children are aged 9,7 & 5 and they all loved kids club, even if it was just to relax and watch a movie at the end of an active day of touring around.
The breakfasts were great, all be it, we ate to much. Lunch we had a choice of the buffet or pool side grill. Some said the Buffet was a bit repetative, but hey I'm not complaining I didn't have to cook or wash up. Dinner meals at the resort were either in the Lagoon Terrace Restaurant or the Wild Ginger restaurant. We found both retuarants ok. They are not cheap but there not overly expensive either, about the same as you would pay back home. For example the Friday Night Seafood buffet was 4500 vatu. Which I guess is about $50 Australian, for as much fresh King Prawns, oysters,mussels,calamari etc.
We found the staff to be very pleaseant and helpful. In fact I wanted to hide the room maid in our luggage and bring her home.
Whilst in Vila, we went to Hideaway Island, Mele Cascade Waterfalls, Bluewater Island. Hideaway and the Waterfalls are a must. Bluewater was good, but I would suggest that if you go, just take a bus yourself and pay the entry fee. I would also suggest that you take your snorkeling gear to bluewater as you might be waiting around for a while. Snorkelling near the old aquarium was good and really safe for the kids.
Also we snorkeled alot out the front of Erakor Island and across the lagoon, back to Le Lagon. Great anenomies and coral, you can even have a look at the locals fish traps in the middle of the lagoon.
The only thing I regret about our holiday is that we only stayed for 7 nights and not for at least 10 nights or longer.
You do have to remember that not just Le Lagon, but everywhere in Vanuatu runs on Island Time. So just relax and go with the flow.
PS We booked our holiday with Hideaway Holidays on the internet, they also were great, no fuss.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu is situated on 75 acres of exotic tropical gardens on the edge of the pristine Erakor Lagoon. Promising some of the finest accommodations in Vanuatu, Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu is the ideal place for your Vanuatu Holiday. The resort offers 140 guest rooms ranging from classic rooms, garden & lagoon superior rooms, garden and lagoon bungalows, to four luxurious over-water island suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Otel, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Warwick Le Lagon Resort And Spa, Vanuatu
- Warwick Le Lagon Resort & Spa, Vanuatu Hotel Port Vila
- Le Lagon Hotel Vanuatu
- Vanuatu Le Lagon
- Le Lagon Vanuatu Resort
- Lagon Le Resort Vanuatu
- Le Lagon Port Vila
- Port Vila Le Lagon
- Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu Port Vila