The resort is 4 star, but the rooms were only 3 star, we stayed in a Superior Lagoon Room my husband myself and our 22 year old daughter. The room was a bit old and needed a bit of a revamp but we weren't in the room for very long so it was more than adequate. The room had 1 queen bed and 2 singles but only had seating for 2 which was a bit odd. We had the most amazing view of Erakor Lagoon. There are sun lounges for each room so this was fantastic, to relax in a shady spot on your own sunlounge was fabulous. We were delayed in checking in, arrived at the hotel at around 3.30pm but our room wasn't ready so we waited until approx 5pm this was a bit disappointing i must say and after reading some of the reviews we were wondering what we were in for. This was our only disappointment in the whole week we were there.
The buffet breakfast is more than adequate, downfall was the food was not very hot but there was plenty to choose from - eggs cooked anyway you want. cereals, juice, bacon, sausages, tomatoes, mushrooms, baked beans, hash browns, pastries and fresh fruit.
On our 1st night we decided to try the International buffet we were very disappointed and didnt eat there again, the food was only luke warm, we are not fans of buffets anyway so we didn't go back there again choosing to catch a bus or taxi into Port Vila where there are so many restaurants to choose from you can't go wrong. We tried, Chill, WaterFront, Flaming Bull Steakhouse, Wild Ginger at Le Legan was excellent, the Teppinyaki is wortth trying. - all were great. For lunch Jill's Cafe was great, hamburgers hotdogs and anything else you can think of, at a very reasonable price it was always very busy. We also took the free ferry over to Erakor Island, the jetty is next to Le Lagon to Roxy's Restaurant this was cheaper than the resort . Food was good as well. They have Happy hour between 5.30-6.30pm each night. Cocktails for 800 Vatu. At the resort they are between 1000 & 12000 Vatu. We thought Le Lagon was a bit pricey for lunches although the convenience could outweigh this. They have a BBQ lunch around the pool. We tried this a couple of times great to sit by the pool and get waited on.
The massage on the beach was fantastic only 2500 Vatu for a full body massage.
We did the dune buggy tour this was the highlight of our trip. 6500 Vatu for 2 1/2 hours, so much fun. Went through villages where all the children come running out to wave to the people on the buggies. We also went to Cascade Waterfalls and to Turtle Bay.
Buses into Port Vila are 150 Vatu per person. Taxi's 700 Vatu from Le Legon
We would definately consider staying here again when we return to Vanuatu we had the most amazing time.
This review is a bit long winded but there have been so many negative reviews about Le Legan I think there are many positives that outweight them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu is situated on 75 acres of exotic tropical gardens on the edge of the pristine Erakor Lagoon. Promising some of the finest accommodations in Vanuatu, Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu is the ideal place for your Vanuatu Holiday. The resort offers 140 guest rooms ranging from classic rooms, garden & lagoon superior rooms, garden and lagoon bungalows, to four luxurious over-water island suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Warwick Le Lagon Resort & Spa, Vanuatu Hotel Port Vila
- Warwick Le Lagon Resort And Spa, Vanuatu
- Le Lagon Hotel Vanuatu
- Vanuatu Le Lagon
- Le Lagon Vanuatu Resort
- Lagon Le Resort Vanuatu
- Le Lagon Port Vila
- Port Vila Le Lagon
- Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu Port Vila