We stayed at le lagon resort from 8th march for seven nights and overall my partner, my 4 year old son and myself had a wonderfull time.
The weather was good to us(extremely hot and humid!!!), and it didnt rain that much but when it did rain it p....d down.
We were initially booked in a standard room but for some reason ended up with a lagoon bungalow which was amazing with 2 seperate rooms and balcony out the back overlooking the lagoon.
It also had the seperate bathroom with bath!!
We joined the warwick club for free over the internet before we went so that maybe why we got upgraded so well.
The staff were very kind and friendly and we had no problems with anyything apart from the tv and room service phone breaking down for a day or two but because we didnt watch tele or order room service it wasnt a hassle for us.
The food was realy nice, we got breakfast and lunch with our deal which was a good adea as lunch alone would have set us back about $70 a pop each day!
One thing to take into account is that you need plenty of spendig money as it can be expensive if your not prepared.
Alchohol is very expensive with a can of VB at the resort $12!! and their local brew tusker about $8, if you like your beer its best to go the supermarket nearby where you only pay about $4 a can!! still not cheap..
If you love your spirits your loughing, duty fee bottles of jimmy and jack go for $19 ( 1 litre).
You dont pay tax in Vanuatu thats why!!
Theres not many cheap shops in Port villa but acroos from the post office theres a great shop thats got really cheap clothes ect and cheap souvenirs that are double the price elswhere.
Also you"ll notice the traffic about 25 yrs behind the rest of the world, no traffic lights,speed limits, no seatbelts and you can drink drive!
Gettig from resort to town cost $700 vatu $10 by cab or bus which is cheaper and readily available $150vatu or abot$2. 15000vatu is about $25 Aussie.
We took a ten minute sea plane ride which we enjoyed, seing Port vila and surrounding islands from the air was fantastic.
We also went for halfday to cascade waterfalls which you have to see to believe, a truely spectacular place, but be warned you will get very wet so watch the cameras ect.
We did a half day feeding sharks and turtles at Blue water resort where it was lovely, my son loved holding the baby turtles and feeding the sharks!! Well worth doing.
On the friday night we did a tour of the Ekasup village for a cultural show which included entatainment from the locals doing traditional singing and dancing and o tasty local buffet dinner after sampling the local kava which taste just like muddy water but some how makes you very relaxed but dont drink more tha 4.
We bought a cornshell from the market and had it fumigated locally for 3500 vatu but when we got back to melbourne the certificate meant nothing but you can fumigate them in melbourne for $30.
All in all we had a great time at this resort and would love to come here again as the friendy culture and picture perfect scenery along with the friendliest bunch of people you could meet makes an ideal holiday for just about anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu is situated on 75 acres of exotic tropical gardens on the edge of the pristine Erakor Lagoon. Promising some of the finest accommodations in Vanuatu, Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu is the ideal place for your Vanuatu Holiday. The resort offers 140 guest rooms ranging from classic rooms, garden & lagoon superior rooms, garden and lagoon bungalows, to four luxurious over-water island suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Reservation Counter and Despegar.com so you can book your Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Warwick Le Lagon Resort & Spa, Vanuatu Hotel Port Vila
- Warwick Le Lagon Resort And Spa, Vanuatu
- Le Lagon Hotel Vanuatu
- Vanuatu Le Lagon
- Le Lagon Vanuatu Resort
- Lagon Le Resort Vanuatu
- Le Lagon Port Vila
- Port Vila Le Lagon
- Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu Port Vila