“B & C”

Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu
Ranked #13 of 47 Hotels in Port Vila
Reviewed April 2, 2014

My wife and I needed a brain break, so we set off to Le Legon for our third visit having been there for two conferences.

On the positive side we loved the resort overall because the satf were as frienly and as happy as ever. Room was clean and the gardens well tendered. The view of the Lagoon from our bungalow was just perfect. I wanted to take it home but my wife correctly pointed out that it would not fit in my over sized suitcase.

Everyone was helpful and we were able to book an around the island tour with locals Noah and Glen (brillient). From the desk which made it so easy.

On the negative the Pools were full of kids and this was a bit anoying but I only noticed them when I was awake after a swim and you can't stop kids from having a good time. So it didn't bother us that much. Yes there could have been a bit more pool furnature but it was good. All pools need some mainenence with some tiles coming unstuck.

You must remember to embrace the culture of Vanuatu which means slow down and enjoy the relaxing way of life there. Don't expect to be treated like royalty because that not how it works in Vanuatu, have respect for all and you will enjoy the resort and the whole experience.

Food, the food was ok, breakfast included and that was excellent with heaps of variety, poolside, we had lunch most days when not out and about and this was also excellent. The menue choices were limited and probably with good reason but that didn't bother us.
We had one dinner at Wild Ginger food was ok but portions were smaller than I would have liked and I think too spicy for me with the dish I selected.

Over all it was a great stay and we will be back again for more brain breakes.

Room Tip: Our room was a hut at the eastern end close to the lagon and was quiet and gave us the ability to se...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Robert D
Jeremy W, General Manager at Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Dear Robert D,

Thank you for your comments. Indeed the brain break is the way to go here and I quite like that analogy. It is pleasing that overall you have enjoyed your break and that you have chosen to return again for that very reason. The good news is that we have a further 102 sun loungers coming, 16 new umbrellas and 50 side tables, they are in production as of now and I expect all to be in by mid May sometime. It is most certainly a way to enjoy your holiday by embracing the culture as they do love it when this happens and are very responsive to this.

Look forward to seeing you again in the future for that brain break!

Jeremy

There are newer reviews for Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu

Reviewed April 1, 2014

this is my 2nd stay here, last time I stayed in April 2013 and had to put my hand in my pocket for everything when staying there. But this time was very different! Kids club free and they fed the kids lunch and dinner at kids only buffet, items that were free this time compared to last visit - tennis, bikes, pool tables, stand up paddle boards.
Internet still quite expensive though at $10 for an hour.
Beds and pillows very comfy, endless supplies of linen. All bathrooms are open plan though, which made it a bit difficult as we were staying as friends.

Room Tip: ask for a room near the pool and reception, otherwise you may end up in one of the rooms that is a 1...
1  Thank CoopersMummy

Dear CoopersMummy,

A lovely short and sweet review of your experience. Thank you for this and I am pleased you enjoyed your stay overall. Yes, there are plenty of activities to indulge in or..........do nothing? When on holidays, your call. Its great we recently received our shipment of new water sports gear including kayaks, hobie cats, life jackets and canoes for you to enjoy, plenty for everyone.

Hope to see you again for a 3rd time in the near future.

Many Thanks

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Environment is good and there are swimming pools there if this is the reason why you go to vanuatu. Food are overpriced, although this should be expected in a resort. What I don't expect being the food are terrible. Lobster is so salty, grill steak is not grilled, curry is not curry. They promised a cold breakfast deliver to our room for our early morning departure, nothing happened. Everyone are so relax to the stage there are no service, but they do say good morning, hello, and 'hows the food', I replied it is not good, they smile and walk away.

There are no coral nearby the hotel, even small one. Take a canoe to the opposite island and it has some reasonable small house reef there, just be aware the low and high tide timing as the current not necessary favour your direction of travel.

It is a nice environment but other than that, don't expect too much.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ETRAVELKL

Dear ETRAVELKL,

Thank you for your review. Yes Vanuatu is a lovely relaxing place. Engaging with the locals is a good idea as they truly are a wonderful culture and they respond very well to personal engagement and praise, they aren't generally a race that likes conflict to much, in fact not at all. I guess I shall leave to the readers your opinion on the food as tastes very from person to person.
Remember also that this is a Lagoon, not a reef. We have wonderful snorkeling tours that perhaps you could have tried as well.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

We stayed at Le Lagon for a wedding that was being held on site. Staff were so gorgeous & the rooms were great. The location is fantastic (15 minutes in to town, 20 minutes to the airport) & the amenities are fab. Loved the free water sports & the Wild Ginger Teppan restaurant was freaking amazing. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: We stayed in a standard room but if I could do it over, I would spend a little extra & get a roo...

Dear BPXO,

Thank you. Glad you had a great time and were able to take the time to enjoy the facilities on offer here at the Resort during your stay. Wild Ginger is a lovely place for dining with either teppanyaki or a-la- carte style dining. Weddings are also great, especially at the Wedding deck overlooking the Lagoon which is one of a number of options that we have.

I hope to see you return to the shores of Vanuatu at the Warwick Le Lagon in the not to distant future:).

Reviewed March 22, 2014

This resort offered many varied options ... from 3 swimming pools to free water sports ... canoes etc. Great.

The food at the dinner buffet was terrible especially for the price. The Melanesian night only the pork was above standard ... so my husband said. I could not eat much at all from the selection. Very disappointing.
The Wild Ginger Restaurant was over priced although the food quality was a bit better. Unfortunately my meal of lobster contained something (not yet identified) which caused a severe allergic reaction making eating the rest of the meal impossible. I was still made to pay for it though and at $AUS40+ this was a disappointment.
The around the pool food was good the pizzas tasty (although a little pricey) and servings a little small.
The drinks were good especially the fruit cocktails. Although you have to watch you bill closely as they added drinks that we did not have and when pointed out they were full of apologies but the bill stayed the same and no compensation was made.
The accommodation was great we had a large room ... air conditioned which we sincerely appreciated.
The water sports were also good and staff helpful here. Although reception staff ignored our 2 requests for assistance with another table so that we could play our board games. We ended up improvising ourselves heaving tables and chairs to make up our sets.
Staff generally were very happy and smiling but this was overshadowed by any special requests going unheeded.

Staff at the Spa were slow and patronizing for my $AUS96 my full body massage was not really value for money. I was highly disappointed in the spa given my experiences at other resorts for this type of service.
The resort sits on a wonderful bay beautiful cared for gardens and our rooms were always well maintained. Staff were courteous and happy when approached.

Room Tip: Any room in the resort would be good the only ones we thought might have problems were the large mot...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Letty L

Thank you for your review with a mix of likes and dislikes. I have taken your dislikes on board and will share with my team. Such feedback helps me assist in the ever on going improvements for Guest satisfaction. Sometimes, as a tip for readers, it is good to remember not to talk to fast as the main language here is Bislama, some French/English/Bislama and some English/Bislama. If speaking straight English try to slow it down a little bit as perceived unheeded requests will have come as a result of not understanding what you have said. Generally they will be to shy to ask you to repeat the question and as a culture that does not engage in conflict they feel bad to have to ask you to repeat. The best way is to engage in a very friendly manner, slow down when speaking English and encourage them in a friendly way to repeat what you have said / ordered and away you go...............this has been my personal experience after one year in Vanuatu and the locals will love you for life!! Try it............

Reviewed March 21, 2014

I took my son to Le Lagon for his 24th birthday and right from the moment we arrived they made our stay so special! Music on arrival, welcome drinks, beautiful smiles, flowers in our hair and an amazing room right down on the waterfront away from the main hub so as not to be noisy but close enough to make it a short walk to be apart of everything. The resort is beautiful. A 3 tiered pool with views overlooking Erakor lagoon and a fab pool bar!! Happy hour between 5-6pm is the best!
The staff in Wild Ginger were excellent! Again they made my sons birthday fun and memorable and even surprised him with a choc mudcake with happy birthday written around the plate in choc sauce and sang to him. The bar staff were fantastic and joined in his birthday celebrations.
Overall the staff went out of their way to be of any help at any time in every area. They put on dancers at night outside the restaurant. And the breakfast buffet is really good with everything you can ask for all neatly presented at different stations and providing something different each morning. They even cater for Gluten free diets to a degree.
Prices in the restaurant are similar to dining in Australia...we had tepanyaki in Wild Ginger on the first night and for 2 mains, one dessert and a few drinks it came to approx 8000 vatu which is just under $100 Australian so not too bad for 2 people. Cocktails range from 1050 vatu (approx $12) for basics like Pina Coladas and up to 1250 vatu (approx $14-15) for exotic cocktails like melikem (must try it!!) and during happy hour you get 30% off.
For transport into town, dont take a taxi! Walk up to the main entrance and catch a bus - about 150 vatu per person one way. Taxi's will charge you about 500 vatu.
Overall I want to shout out a big thankyou to all the staff -- it was a wonderful break away and
you made it SO special for my adult son! He loved it! We'll be back!

Room Tip: I would definately look at the lagoon view superior rooms or bungalows....they are positioned closer...
1  Thank tls1170
Jeremy W, General Manager at Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Dear tls1170,

What a great review and many thanks for taking the time to share your experience with readers. It is always nice to have an assessment as such which offers a variety of ideas for readers to consider whilst contemplating a hard earned holiday, as rare as they are these days! I am glad that our Resort has delivered everything you could have wished for and I sincerely look forward to your return.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

The Resort was lovely.
The breakfast buffet beautifully presented and very high standard quality of food.
I was there for my birthday and cant thank the FB MANAGER RIDA Your an amazing leader each day wecsaw yiu floating around and checking to make sure all us good your a goid man God Bless you your staff describe you as follows andvit was seven if them "RIDA IS OUR BOSS BUT HE IS OUR FRIEND, ,SUPPORT, MENTOR AND GUIDES US TO DO THE BEST WE CAN" also the following KELA THE BEST COCTAILS, CUSTOMERVSERVICE 5*****
To the beautiful and amazing restaurant staff ANNIE (your heart is gold and an amazing woman 5* customer service and will miss u dearly) BELLA(you made me have the best experience your smile an angel from God I will never forget your humble and gentle manner i will never forget you girls I am truly blessed to have crossed paths with you. CHEF (Chester) Your truly blessed missing your food already.
Freo cheeky junior your smile is worth milions.
The food maybe pricey for some only because if the high quality we loved it.
Max and Shina you rocked that resort the best 3.5hours of my life YOU NEED TO BE THERE 7 DAYS TRUE TALENT YOU DREW AND TOUCHED YOUNG AND OLD.
The rooms spotless

The wifi fees need to be reviewed by the Genersl Manager.
Otherwise Rida and your crew thanku.

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear littleEgyptian,

Many thanks for reviewing. In particular our Food and Beverage offerings and wonderful comments relative to our staff. We are indeed blessed to have, the staff as mentioned, on board with us and they really do genuinely wish for all our guests to have a great experience whilst here. Hope to see you again soon some time:)

Many thanks,