Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu
Fatumaru Lodge(Port Vila)(Great Value!)
$106
$101
Hotels.com
$62
$60
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Vila Chaumieres(Port Vila)(Great Value!)
$85
Tradewinds Villas(Port Vila)(Great Value!)
$51
  • Pool
The Terraces Boutique Apartments(Port Vila)(Great Value!)
$161
$157
Travelocity
Breakas Beach Resort Vanuatu(Port Vila)(Great Value!)
$157
$151
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Cocomo Resort(Port Vila)(Great Value!)
$147
$169
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Blue Pango Motel(Port Vila)
$32
$30
1,597 results
All reviewswild gingerall inclusive packagepool barkids clublagoon superior roomerakor islandoasis spalagoon terracewater sportsbuffet dinnerseafood nightkids menufamily holidaykids eat freehobie catsbeautiful resortschool holidays
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 23, 2013

The Warwick Le Lagon in Port Vila Vanuatu is a stunning resort well equipped for families and honeymooners alike. I travelled here in June 2013, and stayed in a garden view room for 2 nights while on a work trip.

Situated on the edge of the Erakor Lagoon, and with tropical gardens and grassy lawns sprawling over more than 70 acres, This 4 star hotel is a lovely destination for a relaxing holiday.

We were welcomed at the front of the main pavilion by several staff offering us a small cocktail and shell necklace while we checked in. A small band were set up at the door playing drums and ukuleles. It was a lovely display of Vanuatu's hospitality and really set the scene for the rest of the stay.

The open walls of the building gave a fantastic resort feel, so we really felt like we were on holiday as soon as we stepped inside. The main buildings are airy and relaxed, with neutral tones and cane furniture to set off the tropical feel.

The hotel has a large swimming pool complete with a pool helper and a swim up pool bar (Perfect for a cocktail on a summers day!) with plenty of deck chairs and 2 spa pools. You can swim in the Lagoon, or lay on the beach out the front, but on the days we were staying, a wedding was being set up down there (It looked amazing!) so we weren't able to explore in case we got in the way of the staff.

For families, there is a kids club for children aged 3-12, and babysitting is available for VT250 per hour (About $3 AUD) There is also a kid's swimming pool along with a pretty cool looking playground! The staff at the resort also organises plenty of kid's activities too, such as volleyball, arts and crafts, beach soccer and teeshirt painting (fun!) Given I don't have kids, I'm going to assume this exhaustive list is enough to keep kids occupied while on a family holiday for a while?

And for the couples, the resort puts on cultural dances and bonfire nights. There is a spa on site where you can have facials and massages (Oasis Spa) while hubby pops out to play a 12 hold round of Golf. You are also able to use the hotels windsurfers and canoes out in the lagoon for something a bit different.

The garden view room was lovely, but the walls are pretty thin... I could hear the kids screaming next door for most of the day. ( Maybe they were just really loud?) I would probably suggest paying a little bit extra and upgrading to the Garden or lagoon Bungalow. These are set closer to the water, but are all individual huts. They are also bigger and have upgraded furnishings.

I was lucky enough to have been able to take a peek into the newly built Erakor Residence, the presidential room if you will. A stunning modern 2 bedroom bungalow with a private pool, and overlooking the lagoon. Perfect fro larger families, or those looking for something a bit more luxurious and private.

The resort is a one stop shop, even offering meal inclusive packages. But of course, make sure you take the time to visit Port Vila too. The township is just a short taxi ride from the hotel and is a great little town to wander around for a few hours.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank roundtheworldrachel
Jeremy W, General Manager at Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Dear roundtheworldrachel,

Many thanks for your review and taking the time to make comment on trip advisor. Indeed the property is built for relaxing and or joining in on the activities on offer. The newly built Pool Villas are also spectacular with your own private swimming pool with magical views that look straight out over the Lagoon. I am very pleased you enjoyed your time with us and the next time a holiday calls...........you know where we are!

Many Thanks

Reviewed December 21, 2013

We called in at the resort whilst on a stop over on our cruise to Port Vila. We walked in and wondered if we would be turned away. Instead we were welcomed in and had the best time snorkelling and relaxing. We made use of the massages available. We all loved the day and it made our holiday. We will definitely return and spend more than just a day soon.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cubx4

Dear frrt,

Very glad that you enjoyed your stop over into the Hotel whilst in Port Villa. We would love to see you for a return holiday. Vanuatu truly is a wonderful place to discover with plenty of activities on offer.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

Firstly the grounds of the resort were beautiful and the pools warm and very inviting. Everyone is very friendly when walking around the grounds.
Some things to consider:
1) rooms in the 500's are far from the pool so with kids it's a pain as you need to walk back and forth a lot
2) service is pretty terrible in the poolside bar and grill. Really slow and staff there not very helpful. I had to send back raw chicken skewers twice!
3) kids club - good set up however staff not at all attentive! I was truly disappointed with this. I took my child there and there was no other kids. Even though there is a timetable and someone on duty she suggested we come back later rather than getting my child involved in some activity. The ladies there seem a little over there job and not enthused to be with kids. They do not watch them carefully!
4) wild ginger was good food but the service was just terrible. Waited over an hour for food to come. They really need to work on this as they were not even busy but so slow. Staff seem preoccupied with each other rather than the clients!
5) buy water in shop up the road 150 vatu rather than the 500 they charge you in the hotel.

Best meal we had was across the island for le lagon -take boat after 430 for free. Great food but service also slow. Don't bother with other fancy restaurants in the area....not high quality food at all.

Would like to hear reply for manager so that this message gets through about kids club especially!

Room Tip: Not 500 rooms and bottom floor rooms you can hear toilet flush from above. Not fun in the middle of the night!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear AustraliaJasper,

Indeed you will always have a reply from myself. I thank you for your comments........Our kids club receives many good reviews on property and via other sources of social media. However your message to me is clear and your other comments have been internally investigated and discussed with my management team. All reviews are taken seriously and assist in helping us making the product desirable for a wide range of travelers. Many thanks for your comments on the grounds and indeed the staff are very friendly. Again, I appreciate your points for consideration and they have not gone unnoticed.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Travelling with my son, I found the Le Lagon to be everything you needed for children and adults alike. The facilities and the pool area are lovely, the swim up bar being a favourite for myself while my son was kept well occupied in the multi level pool complete with water sports daily. The position on the lagoon made it ideal for canoeing and sailing even for the inexperienced and the sea life a delight. The food I found to be exceptional for resort buffet styles if staying within your package, however the Wild Ginger Asian Fusion restaurant with teppanyaki grill provided a delightful dining experience. My son has dietary issues and can be very picky, the staff noticed this and the Exec Chef came and discussed his issues and made accommodations. Regular travellers we have never received such great service trying to cater for his demands. The staff are helpful and non intrusive whilst providing everything as requested. DO NOT MISS FIRESHOW!!! Best I have ever seen. Will definitely be returning to Le Lagon and will take Vanuatu over Fiji in the future....thanks to all for a wonderful get away.

Room Tip: Garden superior rooms were well superior!!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank JENicholas

Dear JENicholas,

Many thanks for your kind review. I am glad that you have experienced a wonderful stay and you found everything you needed for your holiday. Our Executive Chef will be thrilled to have read your comments and I am pleased that the dietary issues were able to be overcome.......Couldn't agree more with the Fire Show, a sight to behold and makes for a life memory.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

For our second trip to PV, having previously stayed at Irririki, we decided to try Warwick Le Lagon as it looked to be very family friendly for our first overseas holiday with our daughter, 18 months old. First off, we couldn't help comparing to the Warwick in Fiji where we had our honeymoon and this resort compared poorly to it's sister property there. We had a good time and wouldn't not recommend it to others, but if we were to return to PV we would try somewhere else as we didn't find it amazing.
Room - we stayed in Garden Superior Family room 607 and were very pleasantly surprised by the room size, furnishings, layout and housekeeping. It had everything we needed plus more. Loved the huge shower and appreciated that the cot and microwave we had requested for our daughter were provided.
Meals - breakfast we found the selection good and there was always enough. As others have said dining in the conference room was not ideal. Highchairs always available. Meals by the pool were average. Free kids meals were promptly delivered and tasty (maybe not healthy, but we are on holidays). The one time we ordered for ourselves the meals took aver an hour to come. Once delivered we were told no charge as they had taken far too long which was nice, but we were still starving and the chips were soggy and the pasta was terrible. So we didn't bother eating there again, esp as they were expensive. Room service pizza arrived in time frame advised and was quite nice. Buffet dinner (roast) was a waste of money. I would avoid these dinners if you can. There was one chef carving the meats so a bit of a wait, then they ran out of gravy. Desserts were nice but all up it wasn't a very good experience. I thought the free kids buffet provided at dinner was quite good - the night we took our daughter to this there was fish, steak, vegetables and salad. Nice to avoid the chips. For meals other than breakfast I would suggest dining out in town or across the water at Erakor, and buy snacks at supermarket, to avoid low quality and high cost of resort food.
Staff - were not quite as friendly as I would have expected. No-one was rude, but whenever we dined out in town the staff were all over our daughter and would carry her around while we ate in peace. Never experienced anything like this at the resort. Found reception very difficult to deal with. Rang for a room repair, no-one ever came, rang for a porter, no-one came, rang for a message about a tour, tour desk would call me back, never did. Just gave up in the end.
Spa - I was placed in the room and told to remove my clothes. I did this and laid down on the bed which was prepared with flowers etc. I thought it was a bit over the top for my facial. It was, it was the wrong room. So they came back in and out a few times and then moved me to another room and finally I got my facial and foot treatment. While I was being moved - covered only in a towel - I noticed 2 staff members laughing about it. This start made it hard to relax and as I was moved to a room right at the end near the pool I could hear people walking past and splashing around. Found it hard to enjoy the treatment. Ended up not being charged for the foot treatment due to the mix-up.
Resort facilities - grounds and pools were magnificent. Very well maintained. Activities were great. When they happened. Which didn't seem to be very often. There was a lot of rain when we stayed and it seemed like this meant they just didn't bother to do anything, and certainly no rainy-day substitutes. I was at the pool for water aerobics and no-one came, the kids activities outside the kids club never seemed to happen either.
Location - we would prefer to be closer to town. It was too much hassle to walk down to the gate to get the bus so we paid 7000V for a taxi in each time and 3000V for a bus home. At least once each day which did add up cost wise and time wise.
Kids Club - we took our daughter here to play on the days it was raining. There is a great covered playground. However I would not be leaving her alone here until she was probably 10 years old. The supervision was terrible. On the times when we were there the kids were outside playing while the teacher and a baby-sitter with one baby were inside. I eventually went in and told them a little girl was crying and so one of them came out. The next day the teacher was outside weaving a basket while the kids ran in and out. I was inside with my daughter when the kids starting whacking each other with foam pieces which resulted in 3 of them breaking down in tears. Again I had to go and find the teacher and ask her to look after the kids. The whole thing made me very uncomfortable.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Naomilovestravel

Dear Naomilovestravel,

Thank you very much for your comments and they are much appreciated. From your stay I take on board very much the positive and the negative aspects of it. I apologize for the short comings you experienced and through this feedback I can follow up so as to ensure consistency of product and service. The Executive Team are well aware of your comments and the appropriate areas for redressing. Again, I thank you for your time taken to complete trip advisor.

Many Thanks