We stayed for 7 nights in early January. On arriving (9:45pm) we were impressed with the resort, a cocktail on arrival, the resort lit up with flares and a smooth check in.
We had room 109 at the Erakor ferry end on the resort (and after talking to many at the resort we had the best rooms) The rooms are comfortable and the view is fabulous, but don’t expect your room to be serviced the same way all the time (one day no bathmat, another no milk etc) the room needed some minor maintenance but overall it was good. Our room was serviced whilst we had breakfast each day (amazing as everything else took so long).
Remember this is Vanuatu and if you come here don’t expect things to happen fast or at all in some cases.
Areas of the resort are well maintained and have obviously had money spent on them (eg the pool complex, Wild Ginger restaurant and the gardens are all well looked after) but a lot of the resort needs a good overhaul (especially water sports with broken Kayaks and damaged sailing boats).
Pool Towels – are in very short supply, get them straight after breakfast or you will have to wait.
We had the all inclusive package (which includes Tusker Beer (good), Australian Wine (good), soft drinks and Local Spirits (very interesting to say the least) which is good value considering the prices charged at Le Lagon. The nightly theme buffet is VT3500 (about $41 AUD). The food is very mediocre, repetitive, bland and oily. If their chefs don’t know how to cook Italian or Tex Mex or what ever, don’t do it! How about some traditional Vanuatu foods that they can cook, show us how good traditional Vanuatu foods can be. If you are not there at 6pm forget it, you wont get a table and you wont get much to eat! The food is one area that they really need to fix. Having said that eat at the Pool BBQ as the food is not too bad there, when they decide to open.
Nothing seems to happen if the F&B Manager is not around. At one stage there were five staff in the pool bar and no one getting drinks (just chatting in Bislama) until the F&B turned up and roasted them but they don’t really care that much.
Breakfast is not too bad but I have never tasted eggs like that or seen them that colour!
If you want or need something keep asking until you get it. This will take some time so be prepared to patient!
Check your bills, things just seem to appear.
Our kids had great fun collecting hermit crabs on the beach in front of our room and also collecting Pipis with the local children.
We had an enjoyable time here but will not return, not exactly sure if we would recommend it. Is it four star? Perhaps not, certainly needs to be a change in attitude from the staff and a lot more training. Because I am on holidays it does not mean I want to wait 45minutes for a beer!
Couple of extra Vanuatu tips. Taxis have no meters (most are old and have no seatbelts) so bargain the fare before getting in. We were asked for Vt1000 to return to Le Lagon from town, this dropped to VT500 as we walked away. Shop when the cruise boats are in town, prices seem cheaper on these days and the locals more friendly
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu is situated on 75 acres of exotic tropical gardens on the edge of the pristine Erakor Lagoon. Promising some of the finest accommodations in Vanuatu, Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu is the ideal place for your Vanuatu Holiday. The resort offers 140 guest rooms ranging from classic rooms, garden & lagoon superior rooms, garden and lagoon bungalows, to four luxurious over-water island suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Warwick Le Lagon Resort & Spa, Vanuatu Hotel Port Vila
- Warwick Le Lagon Resort And Spa, Vanuatu
- Le Lagon Hotel Vanuatu
- Vanuatu Le Lagon
- Le Lagon Vanuatu Resort
- Lagon Le Resort Vanuatu
- Le Lagon Port Vila
- Port Vila Le Lagon
- Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu Port Vila