“Amazing,”

Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu
Ranked #11 of 47 Hotels in Port Vila
Reviewed March 29, 2011

We stayed at this lovely place for 7 nights. The staff was great, the location perfect our whole experience was amazing.
We would recommend this resort to everyone. We ate at the restaurant every morning for breakfast. The buffet was great.... I didn't like the local Tana coffee but the staff got maccona sachets for me. Nothing was a bother to them.

We ate at the pool bar a couple of times for lunch, that was good value. We are not big eaters so we did not want the buffet dinners ($35.00 per head). So we ate at the Wild Ginger a couple of nights. We shared an entree, a main (stir fry lobster in ginger soy sauce) yumm & a dessert plus had a glass of wine & 2 beers for $72.00. That was great value !!! Another night we had teppenyaki (?) fantastic.

The only downside is no happy hour except on Sunday for beer only.... Also the internet cost $25.00 for 2 hours & we spent much of the time trying to connect. The only place we could really use it was in the lobby or by the pool but still hard to connect & kept dropping out.
When travelling into town the taxis were 700 vatu each way but they never had change so ended up costing 1000 vatu, so have change ready...

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,579)

Reviewed March 26, 2011

We had a most enjoyable week at Le Lagon - high quality food, clean large swimming pools and well airconditioned rooms to escape the humidity.

There were only two areas we found lacking - to access internet connection a wireless card had to be purchased from reception - this doesn't sound like too much of a hassle except the cards were not available for purchase most of our stay. Each day we were told they were "ín the storeroom'' or "out of stock" until we finally were able to purchase them the day before we left. Wireless reception is only available in the reception area which is rather restrictive. Wed would have liked to be able to use it on the balcony of our room or in the gardens. Our second week of holiday was at Ramada Breakas where wireless cards were for sale at a cheaper rate than Le Lagon and the service was available at most places within the resort. We could lie on the lounges on the beach outside our room and access the internet.

The other area lacking at Le Lagon compared to Breakas is the location - on a lagoon rather than on the beach. This may suit families travelling with children but we really enjoyed being right on the beach at Breakas better.

I must mention our delicious meals at Wild Ginger - worth a visit even if you are staying at another resort.

Le Lagon is a great family resort and if I was travelling with young children I would definitely stay there again, as long as I was not relying on accessing the internet during my holiday.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 24, 2011

We had an excellent holiday in vanuatu. The warwick le lagon resort and spa was an amazing place to holiday. We also got married there as well. The staff were always happy to help and always had smiles. From the staff at the boom gate to staff around the resort (everybody) were the best eva. We love jack from security and ann the wedding co-ordinator. Our wedding day was stress free and all went to plan. Best idea we have ever had.
We went to the warwick in fiji in november, and it was beautiful as well but a little to far out of town. The le lagon was close to town. Perfect place and people.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 8, 2011

We came to Le lagon after staying at the warwick in fiji and loving how kid friendly they were, well la lagon was just as good.
It was a rough start to our holiday as our flight got cancelled due to a cyclone and couldn't get their for another 2 days then when we did finally get there they had the worst storms I have ever heard, the thunder was unbeleivable. But unbrellas and all we still explored the resort. Unlike the warwick fiji the rooms are very spread out and ours was one of the furthest from the centre of the resort, it took us about 5 - 10 mins to het to the pools and reception, walking at kids pace (and whinging the whole way).
The resort was so quiet when we arrived i think there was only about 20 people in the whole resort but there was still plenty of staff on at the bars the only downfall to this was most of the activity's wern't on as they didn't have the numbers to bother :(
The kids LOVED the kids club they didn't want to come back to us, my only niggle about the kids club is in the activities they have pool time, where they take the kids down to the pool and play games being that my girls are 3 and 4 I didn't feel comfortable with this and would collect them, and im glad I listened to my gut insitinct on this as on our last day watched the lady with about 8 kids in the pool, it was fine untill she needed to get there towels she just left all the kids in there playing and went off for about 5 mins to collect their towels. A bit worrying considering it only takes a minute for a child to drown. But apart from that thry were very very nice, my girls loved Sarah who looks after the kids at dinner time, my eldest is still asking for her, needless to say their were quite a few tears when we left :(
I would highly reccomend this hotel, and the warwick in fiji both of a very high standard.
and a definate to go to with kids.
My husband and i have been having huge debates as to which place to return to here or fiji, fiji is cheaper but flight is longer and very isolated where as vanuatu you are close to everything.
I highly reccomend eating at Chilli in town looking over the water, the specials are great, $12 for really nice meal and a beer or wine.
If your wondering what the prices for drinks are like at the hotel, there quite comparable to Australia, cocktails around $12 and beers about $5 but not lik ein australia where u get half shots they are proper full shots even double shots, 1 cocktail I was a gonner, haha. I swear we watched the lady put in about 6 shots into my cocktail when making it, so you don't mind paying for it when there decent.
The meals at the hotel, the buffet is a bit pricey at abotu $50 per person, we didn't eat here we had most our meals at the pool bar you have to ask for the menu, teh snack menu, but don't be put of by the name snack menu they were anything but a snack they were huge the serving of calamai which was $10 was HUGE a whole plate full and the pizzas were huge too. I love the fact that all teh kids meals are free this saved us alot and most days I would compensate a meal for a cocktail, as you do while you are holiday :)
When we stayed in fiji we had the all meals included package while it was great and quite cheap I was always so full and could never fit in a cocktail so this time decided to not get it and I made sure I had plenty of cocktails. yum yum.
The tours we went on were Hideaway island, really good, didn't take the kids to this. I reccomend booking it through the hotel as its cheaper than gettign taxi and paying for it yourself.
and we also went to turtle bay with the kids and it was GREAT very long drive but worth it. We payed a taxi to get us there then paid admission and it worked out cheaper than bookign it through hotel. If you ahd a group it would work out heaps cheaper getting a taxi there. We paid $50 for taxi and $15 admission each and the hotel was going to charge us $55 each wo we saved $30 and it was only 2 adults and 2 kids.
I hope I ahve helped you in some way.
HAPPY HOLIDAYING :)

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank u_dont_know_me
Reviewed February 28, 2011

had the most amazing time. hotel and staff excellent. very clean and beautiful place. went with girl friends for 4 nights and will definetly take family of 3 children back. kids at the resort were happy and well looked after. the best by far among the locals who seem always happy and very friendly. excellent excellent hotel and all its surroundings

Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 24, 2011

Stunning resort only matched by beautiful people who work there .I cannot wait to go back again for the 3rd time .rooms are fantastic,food even better and the pools and gardens are lovelly

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed February 19, 2011

We had the pleasure of staying at Le Lagon for my wife's birthday and the resort exceeded all expectations.

What we liked:
- The staff. They worked extremely hard to make our stay a pleasure. Unfortunately my wife fell ill after a few days and they looked after us by making up a plate for her when she was too sick to come to breakfast and kept asking about her welfare.
- The resort. Immaculately maintained gardens and first class pool and restaurant areas
- The pool bar. Swim up and anjoy the best cocktails in the South Pacific
- Activities. No shortage of things to do, either free or reasonably priced
- The rooms. Airconditioned, spacious and clean. The shower was big enough to have a party in.
- The view from the balcony. Overlooking the stunning lagoon

A few tips for first time travellers to Vanuatu:
- Drink bottled water. Although generally safe to drink, personal experience tells me that some people may be affected. Don't take the risk and potentially ruin your stay
- Take reef shoes. The lagoon is stunning but is full of starfish. Apart from drinking the tap water, our biggest regret was not being able to swim in this maginificent expanse of water.
- Make the most of the resort. This is truly a magnificent place

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple