We are family of 3 with one busy 3 years old had a very relaxing 10 days stay in Holiday Inn Vanuatu in September. It was an easy 3.5 hours flight from Sydney and short cub drive to the resort. The resort is relatively small with just one restaurant, but it's a great base to explore Vanuatu.
The kids club made a big difference, it was recently renovated and is the best kids club we ever saw. Our daughter wanted to spend time there and it was hard to get her our as she had a lot of fun staying there. Kids club staff was very accommodating and very friendly. They even accepted our daughter 1 hour before opening when we had leave early for the day trip.
The resort's main pool was another highlight and had a separate area for small kids with mushrooms fountains and little pool. Our 3 years old had plenty of fun playing around the pool. We haven't used the second pool, but it should be good if you want some privacy.
Because of holiday's inn "Kids eat free" program we mostly ate in the resort, which was good, but was getting boring by the end of our stay. We ate in several restaurants in Port Vila and found Chill to be excellent. Other restaurants, such as La Tentation and Flaming Bull Steak House were big disappointments.
We stayed in the lagoon wing room with ocean view, which was clean and comfortable.
Resort is by Erakor Lagoon and has beautiful surroundings with a large golf course. Unfortunately, lagoon’s water is not clear and has very little coral.
You can get stand up paddle board, kayak or small sail catamaran free of charge and we had a lot of fun on the kayak.
We did 2 trips to Hideaway Island, which has world class snorkling and diving right from the beach. Accommodation and restaurant in Hideaway Island Resort looked very basic and we were glad we were staying in Holiday Inn. Here are some photos from diving/snorkling around Hidaway Island - https://picasaweb.google.com/105582055654165020855/DivingVanuatu
Mele Cascades trip was very pleasant and highly recommended.
Mount Yasur volcano on Tanna Island is very impressive and lets you get very close to the volcano craters. It’s a bumpy ride and expensive trip, but very surreal and unique experience. It’s a very bumpy drive to get to volcano on the dirty road and I only recommend it to adults. We didn’t stay overnight, but heard it looks much more impressive in the dark as lava is more visible.
We also went to Secret Garden, which was a waste of time.
Register for Holiday Inn priority club before booking, apart from reward points we got free internet and cocktails.
Overall, I would highly recommend Holiday Inn if you are planning to visit Vanuatu with small kids.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the serene waters of the Erakor Lagoon, Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu is set in vibrant natural surroundings. Meaning “the land that always existed”, Vanuatu is a holiday destination made up of 83 tropical islands located northeast of New Caledonia. Immersed in cultural richness and native splendour, the islands hold crystal blue beaches, coral reefs, hot springs, exotic rainforests, and stunning waterfalls that are some of the most beautiful in the world. The Vanuatu hotel’s Erakor Ballroom and Valea meeting space provides exceptional indoor and outdoor meeting facilities, and the accommodation resort also features a unique Namele Day Spa, two luxurious outdoor holiday swimming pools, and the newly refurbished Palms Casino. The views from the rooms include lush gardens, blue lagoons, and a golf course. The hotel boasts 5 dining areas. Breakfast, buffet and à la carte dinners are served daily. There is an extensive wine list from New Zealand, Australia and France. Get to experience the perfect Vanuatu holiday with island lifestyle at Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu Hotel Port Vila
- Port Vila Le Meridien
- Le Meridien Vanuatu
- Le Meridian Vanuatu
- Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu Port Vila