The Avalon Junior Womens U16 soccer team travelled to Vanuatu in July 2012 to promote women's soccer in Vanuatu and to conduct training/skills sessions at schools around Port Vila. We stayed at the Holiday Inn and were very impressed with the great service provided. Despite a large tour group of 45, the management could not have been more helpful, and the staff were so interested and supportive of our trip - even coming to watch a game played at Port Vila Stadium to cheer the girls on!
They allowed us access to their store rooms to store large amounts of gear that we donated to schools, and even arranged a soccer theme lunch for us (with mini flags with our club logos!) on the day the girls played the U15 Vanuatu National Team. Our girls made some great friends in Vanuatu and many of those were the staff at the Holiday Inn.
The location and facilities were exceptional, and the breakfast and restaurant/bar facilities were great, and our many requests were met with patience and in all cases fulfilled without problem. We would recommend Holiday Inn to families, couples and touring sporting teams. Our club hopes to make this a regular sporting/cultural exchange with soccer loving girls from Vanuatu and will be recommending Holiday Inn to our U16 girls team next year - sorry Holiday Inn!
Our special thanks to Geraldine (who was outstanding with her help) and Thomas (who even arranged to collect a DVD of photos we left behind at a shop, and a TV item about us and sent it to us after we had returned). Great service and all the tour group have expressed sincere thanks on what was a life changing experience in Vanuatu.
Junior Women's VIce President
Avalon Soccer Club
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the serene waters of the Erakor Lagoon, Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu is set in vibrant natural surroundings. Meaning “the land that always existed”, Vanuatu is a holiday destination made up of 83 tropical islands located northeast of New Caledonia. Immersed in cultural richness and native splendour, the islands hold crystal blue beaches, coral reefs, hot springs, exotic rainforests, and stunning waterfalls that are some of the most beautiful in the world. The Vanuatu hotel’s Erakor Ballroom and Valea meeting space provides exceptional indoor and outdoor meeting facilities, and the accommodation resort also features a unique Namele Day Spa, two luxurious outdoor holiday swimming pools, and the newly refurbished Palms Casino. The views from the rooms include lush gardens, blue lagoons, and a golf course. The hotel boasts 5 dining areas. Breakfast, buffet and à la carte dinners are served daily. There is an extensive wine list from New Zealand, Australia and France. Get to experience the perfect Vanuatu holiday with island lifestyle at Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu Hotel Port Vila
- Port Vila Le Meridien
- Le Meridien Vanuatu
- Le Meridian Vanuatu
- Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu Port Vila