We have just returned from a great week at the Holiday Inn - it is a fantastic resort with plenty to do for everyone.
After staying there almost 20 years ago, I really noticed how the recent renovations have brought the resort up to a high standard. Both pools are great, with the smaller 'adults' pool a nice touch and a must if you want some 'time out'! The rooms are a reasonable size - not huge by any means, but again have been renovated well. It is worth the upgrade to the Lagoon View as it is such a lovely outlook.
The restaurant area is a real highlight as you have that wonderful view to look at whilst having breakfast. Dinner was great with prices being on par with other restaurants in Port Vila. Speaking of which, this was the one thing that we found 'up there' in price with costs to eat/drink out in Vanuatu on par with those in Australia.
The staff and management are all wonderful and will do anything for you, with the Wednesday night drinks a nice touch. It is great to see the management so 'visible' around the place too.
Make sure you utilise buses for where you need to go in and around Port Vila as at 150VT per person it's good value, plus to get a feel for how the locals get about.
Overall Holiday Inn Vanuatu is a well located, well priced resort suitable for couples and families with excellent staff and facilities!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the serene waters of the Erakor Lagoon, Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu is set in vibrant natural surroundings. Meaning “the land that always existed”, Vanuatu is a holiday destination made up of 83 tropical islands located northeast of New Caledonia. Immersed in cultural richness and native splendour, the islands hold crystal blue beaches, coral reefs, hot springs, exotic rainforests, and stunning waterfalls that are some of the most beautiful in the world. The Vanuatu hotel’s Erakor Ballroom and Valea meeting space provides exceptional indoor and outdoor meeting facilities, and the accommodation resort also features a unique Namele Day Spa, two luxurious outdoor holiday swimming pools, and the newly refurbished Palms Casino. The views from the rooms include lush gardens, blue lagoons, and a golf course. The hotel boasts 5 dining areas. Breakfast, buffet and à la carte dinners are served daily. There is an extensive wine list from New Zealand, Australia and France. Get to experience the perfect Vanuatu holiday with island lifestyle at Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Travelocity, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu Hotel Port Vila
- Port Vila Le Meridien
- Le Meridien Vanuatu
- Le Meridian Vanuatu
- Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu Port Vila