Where to start!
Upon entering we were greeted with a warm welcome from the staff at the Holiday Inn, one of which was in traditional dress of the land. We were then promptly checked in to our Lagoon View Room. The room itself was small-mid size but was comfortable. The bathroom was adequate, with a good shower, well lit basin and modern finishing’s. The view from the balcony was excellent and the air conditioning worked a treat. A small fridge was supplied but with only a kettle (no toaster or microwave) the chance for any type of cooking in the room was low.
The restaurant was modern with a beautiful view down to the pool and lagoon. The food was priced similarly to Australia and was of a decent quality, although something’s were slightly overcooked. The highlight of the food was the buffet breakfast of which there was everything you could imagine!
The facilities such as the pool were fantastic with 2 pools to choose from both set in beautiful surroundings. You could take out a kayak anytime and paddle around the safe lagoon at your leisure or have a hit of tennis. The only let down was the "gym" facility, which was very limited with only a single rower, bike and elliptical with weight stack up to 10kg. If you like to work out all year round (as I do) this was disappointing.
All in all the Holiday Inn typified what Vanuatu was for me-a relaxing beautiful place filled with many smiling faces. Definitely worth a trip!
P.S. If you go in the wet season be prepared for some rain but it is almost a constant 30 deg so it is never much of a worry!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the serene waters of the Erakor Lagoon, Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu is set in vibrant natural surroundings. Meaning “the land that always existed”, Vanuatu is a holiday destination made up of 83 tropical islands located northeast of New Caledonia. Immersed in cultural richness and native splendour, the islands hold crystal blue beaches, coral reefs, hot springs, exotic rainforests, and stunning waterfalls that are some of the most beautiful in the world. The Vanuatu hotel’s Erakor Ballroom and Valea meeting space provides exceptional indoor and outdoor meeting facilities, and the accommodation resort also features a unique Namele Day Spa, two luxurious outdoor holiday swimming pools, and the newly refurbished Palms Casino. The views from the rooms include lush gardens, blue lagoons, and a golf course. The hotel boasts 5 dining areas. Breakfast, buffet and à la carte dinners are served daily. There is an extensive wine list from New Zealand, Australia and France. Get to experience the perfect Vanuatu holiday with island lifestyle at Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu Hotel Port Vila
- Port Vila Le Meridien
- Le Meridien Vanuatu
- Le Meridian Vanuatu
- Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu Port Vila