“Awesome food, nice staff, beautiful place”
Review of Elan - CLOSED

Elan
Cuisines: Seafood, International
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Elan is a unique dining experience in Vanuatu. A restaurant purpose built by the owners to offer elegant island style dining. The restaurant is situated on the beach overlooking beautiful aqua waters and enjoys the best sunsets in Port Vila. Elans fresh and authentic menus are inspired by the classics - French, Italian, Asian, Mediterranean and the flavors' of the Pacific. We pride ourselves on sourcing as much of the freshest locally grown produce as possible, including we believe and our customers agree the best free range grass fed beef in the world. Elan was chosen to host the only Royal Dinner for HRH Princess Anne's visit to Vanuatu in October 2014. Open: 5pm Wednesday to Saturdays.
Wellington, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome food, nice staff, beautiful place”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I loved everything about the restaurant, the staff, the food, the location is a little bit far from city and there are no buses, so they charge more for the return as they have to call them to pick you up. But that was worthy. It was my last dinner in Port Vila and I just loved it.

1 Thank MichelleFSZ

Brisbane, Australia
“The best food and location in Port Vila”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I was only in Port Vila for a long weekend but definitely made time for dinner at Elan on Saturday night. It was a seafood night for me starting with the fish/crab cakes followed by the traditional poulet fish wrapped & cooked in banana leaf. Very delicious, compliments and big thanks to the chefs. The location is just the best with spectacular views of the sunset, hosts Linda & Darryl are very friendly and gracious as they always have been on my previous visits to Elan. My fourth time in Port Vila and always a must do is to visit Elan. Will be back.
Chrissie Brisbane

1 Thank Christine R
sunshine coast
“Fabulous”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

My husband and I went to Elan on recommendation, and we were not let down. The position is lovely and the food great. Our table was on the water edge and at night you could see the fish swimming around. After a bumpy ride thru the wharf area you are pleasantly surprised to see this lovely restaurant pop up. The hosts and staff were lovely. Only wish they were open for lunch. We will be back on our next trip to Vanuatu.

1 Thank maySunshineCoast
Port Vila, Vanuatu
“Sensational Evening”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

A business dinner is such a lovely setting with exceptional service and cuisine. All of our needs were very quickly attended to with the nice touch of the owners serving our meals and our drinks. The view was sensational as well as the evening. Highly recommend Elan!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank KimJolley
Dublin, Ireland
“beautiful location, mediocre food”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

This is a fab location for an evening dinner. As a vegetarian, the options were very limited. I had a risotto which was only ok and overpriced for what it was, in my opinion. However, I am sure that as a meat eater there are better dishes to be had. Vegetarians may get better options elsewhere. Staff were very nice.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank HomeInAbag
Elan R, Owner at Elan, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Hello home in a bag,
In response to your review, we do not have a vast vegetarian menu, but we do offer a few selected tasty vegetarian dishes, one of which is the risotto. As this dish is very popular with vegetarians and non-vegetarians, I was very surprised by your review. My father who has been a strict vegetarian all of his life enjoys the risotto every time he visits Port Vila. I do not think 1900 Vatu for this dish is overly expensive as it includes fresh mushrooms, wine paramsen cheese and a range of green vegetables. Produce is expensive in Vanuatu.i.e. 3000 Vatu per kilo for mushrooms.