“Great service, great food, great atmosphere”
Review of Elan - CLOSED

Elan
Cuisines: Seafood, International
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Elan is a unique dining experience in Vanuatu. A restaurant purpose built by the owners to offer elegant island style dining. The restaurant is situated on the beach overlooking beautiful aqua waters and enjoys the best sunsets in Port Vila. Elans fresh and authentic menus are inspired by the classics - French, Italian, Asian, Mediterranean and the flavors' of the Pacific. We pride ourselves on sourcing as much of the freshest locally grown produce as possible, including we believe and our customers agree the best free range grass fed beef in the world. Elan was chosen to host the only Royal Dinner for HRH Princess Anne's visit to Vanuatu in October 2014. Open: 5pm Wednesday to Saturdays.
Reviewed May 8, 2014

we decided to go for dinner here on our last night in Port Vila for two reasons. First, it was so highly rated here on tripadvisor, and secondly because of the great feedback the owner gives to those who give her bad reviews!!! If I'm honest, I was hoping for something to give negative feedback about so I could see what was written in response...alas, it was great! The restaurant is only about 10 minutes out of town, but you go over some unsealed roads, not a problem really, but some people seem to be annoyed (get over it!) Entree was garlic bread, mains were pork belly (delicious, especially the sauce) and the beef wellington (massive serve, and perfectly cooked) and finished off with citrus tart (very strong) and chocolate mousse (rich but also light, so a great combination). I'd happily recommend for anyone visiting Port Vila to take the short taxi ride and enjoy a great evening dinner.

Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

We had an amazing dinner with the sunset at Ellen during our holiday last week. I had the garlic prawns and I'm still dreaming of how good it was! The only warning I would place is that they didn't have a high chair available for our 16month year old which made it difficult as they don't have anything to stop him from falling off their terrace which has a beautiful view of the ocean but it made it difficult to relax. If we could next time we would leave the baby with a sitter and go on our own. Thanks to the owners for a great night.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

Ate here on our last night in Vanuatu early march time. Allow time for travel as this place is a bit out of the way. Food was really great!

Reviewed April 25, 2014

Great restaurant and service, we liked it so much we went back twice. We went with friends and our kids and the owner was happy to accommodate food for the kids. I recommend a visit here.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

I will never forget my experience at Elan, as it was truly one of the best dinners with a view that I have experienced in my life.

From our entry at 6:30pm (to see the sunset!), we were greeted with the warmest welcome, and to a waterfront table. There were very few patrons there so we had the restaurant practically all to ourselves! We spent about 30mins drinking in the landscape and taking lots of photos, it was irresistible! We were not rushed to order any food or drink, but sat down to a lovely bottle of wine and just shared in the amazing experience. The food was absolutely delicious, I had a prawn cocktail to start and a prawn linguine for main. I can't say anything else but if you choose one night to dine out, this must be the place. The restaurant was modern in decor and very luxurious feeling, which really made you feel like a celebrity!

must go!! I will travel back to Vanuatu just to dine here again - no word of a lie!