“Good dive experience”

Big Blue Scuba Diving
More attraction details
Owner description: Big Blue Scuba teach more people to dive than anyone else in Vanuatu. We have local instructors and dive masters with great local knowledge. They love to share their dive sites with divers of all levels and experience, with multiple boats and dive sites we can cater to all.
Taunton, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Good dive experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

I dived with Big Blue while working in Port Vila. I did 2 double dives. I found the team very friendly, helpful and welcoming and the kit and boat were in very good condition. I was the only diver on the first day (plus Guide), probably as it rained heavily, and then there were only 4 of us on the second day. Skipper's were good and Luaki an excellent guide. Grab coffee and lunch at the Nambawab Cafe to round off a good dive.

Visited November 2013

Adelaide, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Great dives but beware!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

The wreck and twin bommies were great dives and really close to the harbour, so no time wasted travelling to sites. The wreck is great with a lot of easily accessible cabins and a few surprises! The big worry is the overly relaxed dive masters do not keep close enough eye on the divers. One diver ran out of air (emergency ascent!) and another went too deep! Not good. I suppose this could happen anywhere, and I don't think it is his fault that qualified divers do stupid things, but I did notice my dive master was not fully focussed on the divers and keeping us together. If you are rusty or inexperienced, stay close!

Kincumber, New South Wales, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Scuba Diving Experience with Big Blue”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

I had two great dives with Big Blue, a wreck (Konanda) and the Twin Bommies. We were with 8 divers plus 2 Big Blue Master divers. The only thing I would suggest to this outfit is that they should provide at least 240 BAR of air, NOT 160 like I got (discovered on the boat to the dives, so it was either put up or don't dive!). On the twin bommies I got down to 45 metres and when I indicated that I had 100 BAR left (as I was taught during my 2 dive courses), I was waved on and told not to worry. So I concentrated on the beautiful environment and suddenly, at 45m, I found myself with only 20 BAR left. Result: I had to ascend must quicker than I should have, resulting in blood in the ear and thoat. The rest though was great! Just give us a bit more air, Big Blue!

Clark Freeport Zone, Philippines
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great friendly shop, great dive!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

I came from a cruise ship to dive with Big Blue; I made a late reservation and they were still able to take me. The shop is just a hop in the water taxi away from the cruise ship pier, and David at the desk was more than welcoming.

Wills, our guide, was great! Patient, showed a lot of stuff underwater. Even though I could only do one dive (Twin Bommies), it was a great dive and I really enjoyed it.

The equipment was fine (I really like it when shops rent out weight-integrated BCDs; I hate weight belts!), the boat was very nice, and everyone involved with the shop was friendly and helpful.

Will definitely be back to Big Blue any time I'm in Vila!

Sydney, Australia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Big Blue? Best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

I have just done 3 dives with Big Blue on Thursday 28th November. The staff picked me up from Iririki jetty on time and took me to the base. We went out with a full boat of divers. The dive briefings were good and the 2 morning dive I did were execellent - Konanda and Twin Bommies. The staff were really professional and above all were very engaging and clearly cared about us nervous divers. Golden gong awards must go to Wils and Luaky - total professionals and great guys as well. It is clearly not just a job to them - diving and the divers are clearly their passion.
The konanda as a wreck dive was new to me but with Luaky there it was a breeze and I relaxed straight away. In the afternoon I had signed up to dive to a plane (Romeo Juliet) but on seeing there was only 2 divers I thought it would get canelled - not a bit of it, we still went out but with 3 dive masters - Wils, Luaky & a Canadian lady.
An incredible 3 dives in the one day made even better by a well run outfit staffed by great guys like Luaky.

Visited November 2013