“Scuba Diving Experience with Big Blue”

Big Blue Scuba Diving
More attraction details
Owner description: Big Blue Scuba teach more people to dive than anyone else in Vanuatu. We have local instructors and dive masters with great local knowledge. They love to share their dive sites with divers of all levels and experience, with multiple boats and dive sites we can cater to all.
Kincumber, New South Wales, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Scuba Diving Experience with Big Blue”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I had two great dives with Big Blue, a wreck (Konanda) and the Twin Bommies. We were with 8 divers plus 2 Big Blue Master divers. The only thing I would suggest to this outfit is that they should provide at least 240 BAR of air, NOT 160 like I got (discovered on the boat to the dives, so it was either put up or don't dive!). On the twin bommies I got down to 45 metres and when I indicated that I had 100 BAR left (as I was taught during my 2 dive courses), I was waved on and told not to worry. So I concentrated on the beautiful environment and suddenly, at 45m, I found myself with only 20 BAR left. Result: I had to ascend must quicker than I should have, resulting in blood in the ear and thoat. The rest though was great! Just give us a bit more air, Big Blue!

Clark Freeport Zone, Philippines
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great friendly shop, great dive!”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I came from a cruise ship to dive with Big Blue; I made a late reservation and they were still able to take me. The shop is just a hop in the water taxi away from the cruise ship pier, and David at the desk was more than welcoming.

Wills, our guide, was great! Patient, showed a lot of stuff underwater. Even though I could only do one dive (Twin Bommies), it was a great dive and I really enjoyed it.

The equipment was fine (I really like it when shops rent out weight-integrated BCDs; I hate weight belts!), the boat was very nice, and everyone involved with the shop was friendly and helpful.

Will definitely be back to Big Blue any time I'm in Vila!

Sydney, Australia
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Big Blue? Best!”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I have just done 3 dives with Big Blue on Thursday 28th November. The staff picked me up from Iririki jetty on time and took me to the base. We went out with a full boat of divers. The dive briefings were good and the 2 morning dive I did were execellent - Konanda and Twin Bommies. The staff were really professional and above all were very engaging and clearly cared about us nervous divers. Golden gong awards must go to Wils and Luaky - total professionals and great guys as well. It is clearly not just a job to them - diving and the divers are clearly their passion.
The konanda as a wreck dive was new to me but with Luaky there it was a breeze and I relaxed straight away. In the afternoon I had signed up to dive to a plane (Romeo Juliet) but on seeing there was only 2 divers I thought it would get canelled - not a bit of it, we still went out but with 3 dive masters - Wils, Luaky & a Canadian lady.
An incredible 3 dives in the one day made even better by a well run outfit staffed by great guys like Luaky.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Stephen F
Newcastle, Australia
“Safe & Friendly Dive Company”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I choose Big Blue mainly due to the positive comments on Trip Advisor. I completed 5 dives. My dive master was Lu, who could not have looked after me any better. He is a very experienced diver master, and took me for my 1st wreck dive. Lu is an asset to the Big Blue Team. If you are after a dive company, that knows their stuff, and is very safe, then Big Blue is for you.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Thank you Big Blue”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Hi,
I would like to say thank you to the people at Big Blue who took my 11 year old son through his first diving experience and got his certification as an Open Water diver. Especially Mathison and Shelly who were his instructors. I was very impressed with they way they guided him through the course. All the equipment and boats was well looked after,big star!

I also have a daughter and when she is ready to get her Open Water I will definitely go back to the people at Big Blue.

My son had the best start to diving I could have asked for, his first dive in open water was at the Twin bommies. What a way to start, needless to say he loved it.

Visited November 2013