“Dive with Big Blue in Port Vila!”

Big Blue Scuba Diving
More attraction details
Owner description: Big Blue Scuba teach more people to dive than anyone else in Vanuatu. We have local instructors and dive masters with great local knowledge. They love to share their dive sites with divers of all levels and experience, with multiple boats and dive sites we can cater to all.
hobart
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Dive with Big Blue in Port Vila!”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Just back from another fantastic dive trip to Vanuatu! If you are looking for experienced scuba operators in Port Vila, Big Blue Scuba Diving is the ticket -professional, experienced local guides will show you all the great sites (and the great critters too). Really pleasant diving – wrecks, walls and reefs - accessible to all levels of diver and worth revisiting several times. Special thanks to all, particularly Luaki who led the majority of the dives during my stay and pointed out great things along the way – top class – see you again next year!

Port Vila, Vanuatu
“Amazing Team.”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

The boys at Big Blue are absolutely amazing. They go above and beyond what is required to make you feel safe while diving. Nothing is too big, or too small for these boys to get done to make you feel safe and comfortable. Bennie and Max are absolutely amazing instructors. Very lucky to have chosen Big Blue to learn to dive with!

Visited September 2013
Newcastle, Australia
“Big Blue- real "Stars"”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I recently did 4 dives with Big Blue, with 3 reef dives (including a night dive on "Twin Bommies") and a dive on the "Star of Russia". The only reason I didn't do more diving was because of ear trouble.

I first dived with Big Blue in 2011 and the operation was then and continues to be very professional. I had Luaki and Madi as dive guides on the reef dives and they are superb: finding all sorts of interesting stuff and quietly but unobtrusively looking after their divers. Andrew took me on the "Star"- avowedly his favourite dive- which was really great, with unexpectedly very good vis, greatly enhanced by Andrew's thorough and interesting pre-dive brief from someone who clearly loves being on this wreck. Abolutely fascinating and well worth the dive, at least if you're nuts about ships or wrecks. The schools of trevally and batfish were a bonus.

For me, the best thing about these guys is that they love diving; they were willing to put themselves out to give me the dives I wanted to do, rather than making me fit with whatever else they had on; they are commited to safety without being officious about it; and they have a great team of local dive-guides who are well-trained and enjoy their work.

On one of my dives, another of their clients was completing his Open-Water course. Although I am not an instructor, I was impressed with the level of detail and clarity in the pre-dive briefing and the care taken to ensure that the student understood and was comfortable. The result? A student who was bubbling over with happiness at a successfully completed and thoroughly completed dive.

I will happily dive again with Big Blue and recommend them to anyone looking for a dive in Port Vila.

Sydney, Australia
“Awesome guys, great location!!!!”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

A big thank you to Jerry who was fantastic, he really took his time to reassure me and make my experience unforgettable! Awesome company, great people and really professional. Once again thanks guys, if I have to come back to Vanuatu i ll definitely do a wreck dive with you!!!!

Port Vila, Vanuatu
“The best of the best! I could not have done it without them.”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Big Blue is without question a world-class scuba diving team. Everyone involved does their utmost to make each experience unforgettable, striving to make each and every person feel completely comfortable and right at home.
I completed my Divemaster certification back in August and could not have had better mentors anywhere else. All the Instructors and Divemasters at Big Blue have exceptional knowledge and skills, and they have enhanced my own diving knowledge and ability tenfold.
Last month Big Blue hosted an Instructor Development Course here in Port Vila and I jumped at the opportunity to further my own abilities. They provided me with a level of support and confidence that I have not experienced anywhere else. The IDC was phenomenal. Big Blue chose a great Course Director to mentor us and I felt like I was one of the team right from the start. I worked alongside two other Big Blue employees (Madi and Wils) and they helped me throughout the course, giving me confidence and professional tips on how to succeed. Everyone passed and now Big Blue has two more quality Instructors to add to their stellar team.

Big Blue has to be one of the world's finest dive operators. Certainly the best in the Pacific. I cannot stress enough just how great this team is. The past few months have been unforgettable and I will continue to sing their praises until I am old and senile.

Tank yu tumas everyone at the Big Blue team. I could not have done it without you all.