“Three great days of diving!”

Big Blue Scuba Diving
More attraction details
Owner description: Big Blue Scuba teach more people to dive than anyone else in Vanuatu. We have local instructors and dive masters with great local knowledge. They love to share their dive sites with divers of all levels and experience, with multiple boats and dive sites we can cater to all.
Melbourne, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Three great days of diving!”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I came to Vanuatu planning to do some scuba diving and when searching TripAdvisor, Big Blue seemed like the operation to go with. From the start of my experience with them right until the end they were professional, friendly and experienced and put me at ease. I dived six sites over three days with divemaster Wils, who was friendly, instructive, and willing to let me choose the sites I wanted to see! Twin Bommies was the highlight, with oodles of fish, including a lionfish, and even a sea snake! The hire gear was top-notch and well maintained and the boat well equipped. Diving conditions were great - the water was smooth as glass most of the time, and visibility was >20m. I would be happy to recommend Big Blue to anyone wanting to dive from Port Vila.
What to bring: towel, clean clothes to change into afterwards (there is a hot outdoor shower at the dive shop).

1 Thank Sarah M

Phuket, Thailand
“Inexperienced diver”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Although having had my open water ticket for some time, I still class myself as an inexperienced diver. I have had 3 dives so far with Big Blue and would recommend them to anyone diving in Vanuatu. The dive masters/guides were not only extremely knowledgable but very helpful and attentive to people like myself with little experience. Mark and Matty were my guides on separate occasions and both gave me tips to improve my diving and make the experience more enjoyable. If time permits I will be taking another trip with them and would use their services if I came back to Vanuatu.

Melbourne, Australia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Take the plunge... or the dive”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

How could I not try scuba diving now working here in Port Vila! And colleagues recommended Big Blue - conveniently located at Numbawan in the centre of town (by the water of course...). From the moment I started with nervous questions - through to now having had a dozen dives, gained my advanced open water diving qualification, the team at Big Blue have been nothing short of great. Great in terms of professionalism in their teaching, great in terms of making each and every one of us feel like a long lost friend, great in terms of value for money, and great in terms of the actual dives, and the fun when out on the boat/diving. No hesitation in saying - go see Mike, Maggie, Dave, Gerry, Fabrice, Ben, Roy, Lu, Mattie, Max and many others - they will look after you!

Mount Isa
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Instructors, Great Gear and Great Sites”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Mark and Luaki took me out for a double morning dive at the Twin Bomies and the Konanda. Really good sites heaps of life and structure to look at and good visibility.
Great hire gear and friendly staff, would recommend to anyone.

Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing experience!”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Hello!
Just a quick feedback regarding the AU$90 scuba dive experience I did with BigBlue in Port Vila:
It was amazing! The staff were really friendly, shared a lot of stories and facts about Vanuatu, took good care of us and really profesionnal.

The diving was perfect: clear water, colorfull corals, beautiful fishes and...... a turtle!!
We went down to -12m, which was quite good for a furst time.

I trully advise you to see them. Walk along the water newt to the famous Market, and you will find them next to the petanque field.

Have fun!!