“Inexperienced diver”

Big Blue Scuba Diving
More attraction details
Owner description: Big Blue Scuba teach more people to dive than anyone else in Vanuatu. We have local instructors and dive masters with great local knowledge. They love to share their dive sites with divers of all levels and experience, with multiple boats and dive sites we can cater to all.
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Although having had my open water ticket for some time, I still class myself as an inexperienced diver. I have had 3 dives so far with Big Blue and would recommend them to anyone diving in Vanuatu. The dive masters/guides were not only extremely knowledgable but very helpful and attentive to people like myself with little experience. Mark and Matty were my guides on separate occasions and both gave me tips to improve my diving and make the experience more enjoyable. If time permits I will be taking another trip with them and would use their services if I came back to Vanuatu.

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"konanda wreck"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed August 13, 2013

How could I not try scuba diving now working here in Port Vila! And colleagues recommended Big Blue - conveniently located at Numbawan in the centre of town (by the water of course...). From the moment I started with nervous questions - through to now having had a dozen dives, gained my advanced open water diving qualification, the team at Big Blue have been nothing short of great. Great in terms of professionalism in their teaching, great in terms of making each and every one of us feel like a long lost friend, great in terms of value for money, and great in terms of the actual dives, and the fun when out on the boat/diving. No hesitation in saying - go see Mike, Maggie, Dave, Gerry, Fabrice, Ben, Roy, Lu, Mattie, Max and many others - they will look after you!

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Mark and Luaki took me out for a double morning dive at the Twin Bomies and the Konanda. Really good sites heaps of life and structure to look at and good visibility.
Great hire gear and friendly staff, would recommend to anyone.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Just a quick feedback regarding the AU$90 scuba dive experience I did with BigBlue in Port Vila:
It was amazing! The staff were really friendly, shared a lot of stories and facts about Vanuatu, took good care of us and really profesionnal.

The diving was perfect: clear water, colorfull corals, beautiful fishes and...... a turtle!!
We went down to -12m, which was quite good for a furst time.

I trully advise you to see them. Walk along the water newt to the famous Market, and you will find them next to the petanque field.

Have fun!!
Mathias and Linda

See more reviews
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I have been snorkeling around the Pacific for a while, Fiji, Tahitti, Honolulu, and always wanted to just hang down to view the fish a bit longer. Well after walking around Port Villi I vent to two dive shops and and was providing lunch, uh huh, I drown but at least its on a full stomach!

Well I went over to Big Blue and met Dave, he's a nice Pommy guy running the show. I listened to what he had to offer and is was professionalism all the way (and no free lunch). So I booked the Open Water Dive Certification. I then spent a day learning theory and two days doing 4 dives. I cannot speak highly enough of Fabrice and the guys, Fabrice is a very patient teacher with an evil sense of humour, making us remove face masks more times than I want to think about! He is also quite good at blowing air rings under water!

The long and short of it, if you want to learn or you are certified do yourself a favour and go with these guys.