“Newly Certified”

Big Blue Scuba Diving
More attraction details
Owner description: Big Blue Scuba teach more people to dive than anyone else in Vanuatu. We have local instructors and dive masters with great local knowledge. They love to share their dive sites with divers of all levels and experience, with multiple boats and dive sites we can cater to all.
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Newly Certified”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I have been snorkeling around the Pacific for a while, Fiji, Tahitti, Honolulu, and always wanted to just hang down to view the fish a bit longer. Well after walking around Port Villi I vent to two dive shops and and was providing lunch, uh huh, I drown but at least its on a full stomach!

Well I went over to Big Blue and met Dave, he's a nice Pommy guy running the show. I listened to what he had to offer and is was professionalism all the way (and no free lunch). So I booked the Open Water Dive Certification. I then spent a day learning theory and two days doing 4 dives. I cannot speak highly enough of Fabrice and the guys, Fabrice is a very patient teacher with an evil sense of humour, making us remove face masks more times than I want to think about! He is also quite good at blowing air rings under water!

The long and short of it, if you want to learn or you are certified do yourself a favour and go with these guys.

Thanks

Greg

Visited August 2013

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great Team, Great Gear - Highly Recommend”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I highly recommend Big Blue for divers of any level. We were a group of four - two of us had dived once before, but weren't certified. One of us had just recently been certified, but was still learning. And one of us was an experienced certified diver. We were worried that we wouldn't be able to dive together, but the team at Big Blue made it possible and were amazingly supportive and patient. We went with Matty and Max - the twins, as well as Wils and two other staff members plus Roy - the captain. Such a wonderful day!

Christchurch, New Zealand
“Great experience”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Hi , my 2 children 14 and 16 are now open water divers after a fabulous experience with Big Blue from our 1st exchange until the last dive. They did the theory over 2 days before the practical sessions , then over 2 days did the pool dive and 4 other dives and my oldest continued onto a deep water dive and an adventure dive . The staff where great taught then heaps checked all skills on way would recommend them to any heading that direction and whats more FUN

Canberra, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Learning to dive”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

My 15 year old son and I did a Padi dive course in big blue. We did the theory on line before leaving and then the practical sessions, review of theory and test at Big Blue.

We had a great time and were really impressed with the high quality tuition ( patient and friendly with the slow learner! but carefully checking that all skills had been carefully mastered).

To do this in warm clear water, with warm friendly people, with close attention to safety was fabulous. Thoroughly enjoyed the dive sites.

It was a great bonding activity for my so and I also!

Port Hedland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fantastic dives, friendly team”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Highly highly recommend Big Blue for your next Port Vila dive experience. Recently did my PADI Open Water dive course with these guys and went on to do a further 5 dives with them. Such a friendly bunch of guys, always willing to help you out to make the most of your scuba diving experience in the safest way possible. A first class experience. Dive sites were incredible, would especially recommend Semle wreck, Cathedral and Twin Bommies - these we're my favourite. My instructors were Benie and Wills - who were absolutely fantastic. Although you will have a great experience with any one of the guys who works for big blue!