“Nambawan in my books!”

Big Blue Scuba Diving
More attraction details
Owner description: Big Blue Scuba teach more people to dive than anyone else in Vanuatu. We have local instructors and dive masters with great local knowledge. They love to share their dive sites with divers of all levels and experience, with multiple boats and dive sites we can cater to all.
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Second visit to Port Vila and both times we have visited Big Blue to go scuba diving. My family are not divers but felt exceptionally safe in the care of Mike and staff. My son has down syndrome and Mike is all about inclusion and took him 1:1 at around 2 - 3m where he was not feeling any pressure. My son felt like he was participating along with the rest of the family who were about 5 - 6m below him. At no time did I have any concerns for his or our safety and the fish and coral life were beautiful.

My heartfelt thanks to Mike for providing my son with the highlight of his trip.

3  Thank Fleanlee
There are newer reviews for Big Blue Scuba Diving

Reviewed July 5, 2012

We had a fantastic time diving with Big Blue. Special thanks to Tony and all his wonderful staff. We did 6 dives (including a night dive) over the 2 weeks we were there and each of them was awesome. It was my first time diving since getting my certification at home so I was a little nervous each time. The dive instructors were so friendly, easy going and knowledgeable that I felt safe and comfortable knowing they were there to guide and look after me. We were staying at Paradise Cove and were thrilled to be picked up and dropped back straight to our resort for each of the dives. Really looking forward to going back and diving again with Big Blue Scuba and doing the other dives we missed out on.

2  Thank AtHomeMum
Reviewed June 29, 2012

After doing my Open Water Certification with the team at Big Blue in 2007, I had no hesitation in returning to see them this year to do my Advanced Open Water Certification.

As always, making the arrangements via email was easy. I told Tony what I wanted to do and he gave me all of the information I needed plus the exact cost.

On the appointed day, Mike arrived on time to pick me up at our hotel and we headed off to the dive shop. I spent the next three mornings with the very professional team at Big Blue going to various sites as I was put through my training and assessment. Navigation is not one of my strong points but Jerry asnd Brian were both very patient with me and quite happily let me repeat the sessions so I could get my aptitiude up to speed. With their help, tuition and guidance I was able to successfully complete the requisite modules to get my Advanced ticket plus I had a lot of fun along the way.

I've dived with a lot of different companies at home, in Australia, and overseas and the thing I really like about the Big Blue team is that they are a happy and crazy bunch of guys until we get in the water, then it is absolute professionalism with an emphasis on best practice and safety.

So thank you, Mike, Maggie, Jerry, Benny, Brian, Roy and Lou - you and the rest of the Big Blue crew are the best!

PS And being located right next door to the excellent Nambawan Cafe doesn't hurt either.

2  Thank AussiesLuvToTravel
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Big Blue are a fantastic team to go diving with in Vanuatu. My wife and I did a total of 16 dives with them - they were knowledgeable, experienced, safe and a lot of fun to dive with. They offer very reasonably priced dives and have a good ratio of divemasters to divers. They are also great at offering courses - we both did our advanced open water while we were there. In terms of diving in Port Vila there are three wrecks and some great coral reefs. I couldn't recommend it more - having talked to people who had dived with some of the other outfits in Port Vila then came over to Big Blue they are easily the best people to dive with. As one last point, they have also just got all new equipment and kit in which is great to use.

2  Thank Traveller2336056
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Vanuatu is a divers paradise and the crew at Big Blue know all the best spots! They were very thorough with saftey and supervision underwater and super friendly and funny above the surface! I recommend Big Blue Diving as an absolute must, it certainly was the highlight on my holiday and the CD you can get with all the underwater photos they take is spectacular! Cheers for the delicious Grapefruit and Pineapple when got back on the boat as well - that was a nice touch. Very Professional and reasonably priced for the quality of the experience.

2  Thank Ryan B