“The best part of our holiday!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Paddle Board Vanuatu

Paddle Board Vanuatu
More attraction details
Owner description: We provide Surfing, Paddle boarding and Kitesurfing lessons and rentals. From total beginners to experienced all this sports won't have an secret for you.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best part of our holiday!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

Myself and five friends (aged early-mid 20's) decided to give paddle boarding a go upon reading some of the reviews on here. We all have varying interests and different sporting abilities, if any at all. Some of us had never surfed and the only water activities we had attempted were behind a boat in a lake.

Standing up on the paddle boards was a surprisingly difficult feat. Thomas was an amazingly patient and encouraging teacher who showed us step by step the capabilities of the board and how far we could push it before we fell off.

Our skills and capabilities increased quickly thanks to Thomas' thorough teaching and specific techniques. He was able to support those of us who were not given the gift of balance and he pushed the "show offs" to extend their confidence and skills.

Through the experience we travelled down the beautiful lagoon number two and by the end, all of us were able to paddle board successfully. Thomas even was able to take great action shots for us to remember this great experience.

We loved it so much we went and did another lesson. This time we went out to catch some waves in the ocean which was also brilliant and a completely new concept/activity for some of us. Overall, it was a great experience and we are even considering buying paddle boards once we get back to Australia.

This is an activity to suit most people of all different ages and interests, we could not recommend Thomas highly enough and will be telling our family and friends to give it a go when they come over.

Thanks for your patience, encouragement, humor and the cream for our reef cuts, but most of all, thanks for being the highlight of our holiday!

1 Thank Megan G

Brisbane, Australia
“Great time with Thomas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

We booked this activity when we booked our holiday. Neither of us had done stand up before but thought it looked fun. The weather wasn't perfect - didn't care. Thomas was great and I mean great. Robyn had a minor shoulder injury and wasn't sure if she was up to it. Thomas was keen for her to try but was very careful to make sure she wasn't going to hurt herself which he managed brilliantly. I had a great time and Thomas had me doing some crazy stuff at the end. He carried all our gear in his waterproof bag and knocked off some great photos with our camera as we cruised along. Travelled the length of inner lagoon and that was enough to get the bug. Thanks Thomas. We had a blast and will book again when we get back to Vanuatu. Cheers and beers, Nick.

Visited September 2012
Sydney, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Must try Paddle Boarding when in Vanuatu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

This was one of the most fun experiences of our holiday to Vanuatu. I've never surfed or paddle boarded before & I was able to stand up & we went all the way down the lagoon to another beach resort. The instructor was very safety conscious & encouraging. You will feel it in your legs the next day though!! We booked it through adventures in paradise - they pick you up from your accommodation & take you to the Starfish resort & they will pick you up at the other end too.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Steedster
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Family fun...even for an old chick like me!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

Oh my gosh when I looked over my travel agent prepaired Vanautu holiday itinerary I noticed a stand up paddle board tour! I am generally a sport dunce and my initial reaction was to cancel this tour for me and just let my husband and two teenage boys go. My family convinced me I should give it a go, so very nervously I decide to do just that. I was shaking with fear when we arrived at the river! The tour and paddle boarding was so much fun though, so glad I didn't cancel! Yes, it did take me a bit longer than the young ones to get it, and I did fall into the river a few times but it was all part of the fun. The scenery is beautiful as you meander down the river, as are the friendly greetings from local children on the river banks. I was able to take it easy while our teenage boys were challenged a bit further to gain more skills. This is a great activity for all ages, as our lovely guide ( so sorry forgot your name ) was very encouraging and friendly, great with the teenage boys and lovely at making me feel very comfortable. Fantastic!

Gold Coast
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Tank yiu tumas - Thank you, Thomas!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

It was October 2011 and my very first contact with Thomas from www.vanuatu-kitesurfing.com was by email when I was still planning and dreaming about Vanuatu. As I arrived in Port Villa and settle in at the Hotel, it was just a matter of asking one of the friendly local staff about him and I quickly got hold of him to schedule my first lesson. Everything went super well, if you need a lift or have a question about anything he would make sure it get sorted for you. My kite surf still improving and I believe that was the kick start to build up confidence and get important tips to get me started safely and with lots of fun. My wife and I knew stand up paddle board around there was awesome too so we booked another session with thomas at the lagoon. It was a fitness session with an interesting approach to stand up paddle boarding. I've been sup surfing regularly on the Gold Coast but for my wife, the lesson was perfect. In just an hour she has developed all skills she needs to get out there anytime. It was a pleasant paddle downwind with a beautiful side of Vanuatu to see and explore.
It took me a while to post this review but we had such a good time in Vanuatu that we'll never forget.
If you're planning to go to Vanuatu and like Kiting or Stand up Paddle boarding you have to see Thomas at his shop. Highly recommended to everyone!
WE HOPE TO COME BACK ! thank you Thomas!!!!

Visited October 2011