Our family of four (2 kids aged 3 and 5) stayed at Aquana for 10 days in July. It was the most perfect family holiday we could imagine and we are already planning a return trip. I was nervous that the reviews on here sounded too good but to be true but it is absolutely all true. In fact, it is even better. Everything was wonderful (beautiful setting, lovely clean and spacious villas, great snorkelling not far out of the lagoon) but there are three key things in particular about Aquana that make it so amazing:
1. The food. Wow. I have never had better seafood. The garlic prawns in particular were outstanding. I had them every night. The beef was also amazing. In fact everything was amazing. No dodgy resort buffets here, it is all freshly cooked five star quality cuisine. And the best thing was, if you felt like something not on the menu, Marcel was more than happy to provide it. By the second day Marcel had discovered my love of seafood and so each morning he would seek me out to tell me what had come in from that morning's catch, and ask how I would like it prepared that night. He was also quite happy to alter meals for our children (incidentally, the kids chicken nuggets were the best ever according to my five year old).
2. The service. Being such a small resort, and family run, meant that the owners and staff all felt like friends. Every one of them went out of their way to please us and nothing was ever too much trouble. Marcel's willingness to go out of his way to serve us special meals and Fabienne's help organising our tours and drivers were just the beginning. Every single staff member we encountered was an absolute joy to deal with. We loved getting to know the staff, chatting to them about their lives, hearing their stories. But if you just want to be left in peace to enjoy your holiday then you can do that too. This is the only place I have ever stayed where I felt the urge to hug the staff upon my departure. They really are that wonderful.
3. Last but most certainly not least, the nannies. This is what really sets Aquana apart from other resorts. I was dubious about my daughters being wiling to be looked after by the nannies, but I needn't have worried. By the time I finished checking in on arrival, I turned around and my girls were gone. Over the next ten days we went hours at a time without seeing them, but always knowing they were safe and having an absolute ball. As opposed to a kids club with scheduled activities, the kids can do what they want when they want. The nannies will happily play with them in the pool, build sandcastles on the beach, make boats out of coconuts, go hunting for crabs, play boardgames or do colouring inside, and a million other activities. After every meal the kids would be whisked off to play as soon as they had finished eating while we had some adult time lingering over our food. And I had so much time to read I actually ran out of reading material! But the beauty is that the kids are never far away, if they need you they can always find you, thanks to the small size of the resort. But they rarely did - they loved the nannies so much. Our three year old still asks when we are going back to visit Sophie.
All in all, we couldn't have asked for a better holiday. Vanuatu is a perfect holiday destination and Aquana is the perfect resort at which to enjoy it. We can't wait to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened in 2012, Aquana Beach Resort has become Vanuatu's leading three and a half star family friendly boutique Resort and this has largely been due to the unique childcare approach it has developed and the quality of the food from it's very popular casual dining restaurant. Located 25 minutes from the International Airport and only 15 minutes from the town centre, Aquana is situated in a large lagoon surrounded by groups of deserted islands and pristine reefs. Aquana has a 150 meter long man-made beach great for children to be able to play free from danger and for adults to relax on and soak up the sun. Aquana consists of 16 bungalows all located within 30 meters of the lagoon front and a hot a la carte and a continental breakfast are both included in the room rate and the resorts idyllic surroundings provides the perfect location for weddings and functions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and Expedia so you can book your Aquana Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquana Beach Resort Vanuatu/Port Vila