Overall we enjoyed our stay but there were a few small issues.........Firstly we had no problems with getting a taxi from the airport.....3000 vatu and arranged with Charlie (taxi driver) to pick us up at 5am a few days later for our return flight.
On arrival we were met at reception by a smiling David, who gave us a bead necklace and arranged for us to have a refreshing fruit cocktail and cold face towel while we delt with the admission paper work.
Our fare......# 13 was I think the best one there.....far enough away from the restaurant and bar for privacy and quiet....but still easy to get to. I also think it was slightly larger than most others with a beautiful outlook onto the beach. We sat on our porch one rainy afternoon and read and watched the rain sparkleing through the palm leaves and the waves gently crashing on the sand.....gorgeous ! Another bonus with our fare was the geckos and thier delightful chirping.
We ate nearly all our meals at Breakas and the food was well presented and an average price. I found some of the cocktails tasted a bit watery but others were fine and the price reasonable. I would recomend seeing a cooking demonstration.....you get to try the results....Yumm.
There were some things we found a bit substandard though. On our first night we were seated near the kitchen. They had a Custom dancers show that we couldn't see or hear but we could hear someone ( food manager maybe?) yelling at the staff about the food preperation....very off putting.
Also Freda the tour desk operator did a great orientation the first morning we were there, which was very helpfull but I got the feeling that she was over run with trying to organise tours for everyone at a busy time of year. We tried to get onto a few different tours but they were all booked out but we didn't mind as we were happy just to relax. Others that we met had problems with having thier bookings changed with little or in one case no notice. We did do a tour to Hideaway Island and 3 girls were put onto our bus that were on a different tour. Things seemed to be very disorganised.
Our last night there we got to sit at a table on the beach....the rain had stopped...the tide was in....it was a beautiful night and the Polenesian show with fire dancers was fabulous. So our stay ended on a high.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amidst swaying palms fringed on it's own private beach, Breakas Beach Resort is an intimate 3.5 Star tropical resort in a 5 star location for adults only welcoming guests over the age of 15 years. Enhanced by individual garden & beachfront Fares (Bungalows), Breakas Beach Resort is the ultimate relaxed "feet in the sand" beach holiday. Slip into a world of tranquility. The Resort features a stunning 22 metre infinity pool which falls into the horizon of the Pacific Ocean. The natural beauty of a private cove on the Pango peninsular provides an unrivalled backdrop in Port Vila. Fares (Bungalows) are scattered along the shoreline and throughout manicured tropical gardens ensuring privacy, intimacy and seclusion. With spectacular views to Port Vila's best surfing beach break, the restaurant provides a unique setting for a unique dining experience. The executive chef has created one of the finest menus using fresh, local produce, seafoods and world class Santo beef and we are famous for our beachside dining with stars above and sand underfoot.... It does not get much better than this. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Breakas Beach Resort Vanuatu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breakas Beach Resort Vanuatu Hotel Port Vila
- Breakas Beach Resort Vanuatu Port Vila