My wife and I stayed at Breakas for four nights in early January 2012. Upon arriving, we were greeted with leis and a fruity drink before staff walked us (and our heavy suitcases) to our garden fare (# 52).
We were instantly impressed with our fare. Sure, we saw the pictures online, but they didn't really show how cute the place was. Our only complaints were the fare did not really get much cooler at night (the sea breezes the website mentions did not reach us) and the refrigerator did not get all that cold. If, like me, you need it cooler at night to sleep well, you might be better off to spend the extra money and get a fare near the water - particularly in December and January when it's hot and humid.
The resort itself is beautiful with the many flowering trees and plants. It's quite obvious that the staff care for for the resort. We never ordered off the restaurant menu for regular food, but we did partake in the Melanesian and Seafood feasts. Both were pretty good for buffet-type food, but the atmosphere of having dinner on or near the beach and the native dancers made the money worthwhile. The breakfast buffet (which was included in our rate) did not change while we were there, but we were happy with the choices available (coffee, fruit, juice, and pancakes worked for us). The bar also makes beautiful drinks. One could easily stay at the resort without leaving, but I would recommend taking a bus into town and trying out some of the local restaurants (L'Houstelet, Baywatch, and and Jill's Cafe were all good). Although we generally had good luck with the buses, there was one episode where we felt we were getting scammed - ask the concierge what your trip should cost so you know.
We would definitely consider staying at Breakas again although we would probably stay in the cooler months.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amidst swaying palms fringed on it's own private beach, Breakas Beach Resort is an intimate 3.5 Star tropical resort in a 5 star location for adults only welcoming guests over the age of 15 years. Enhanced by individual garden & beachfront Fares (Bungalows), Breakas Beach Resort is the ultimate relaxed "feet in the sand" beach holiday. Slip into a world of tranquility. The Resort features a stunning 22 metre infinity pool which falls into the horizon of the Pacific Ocean. The natural beauty of a private cove on the Pango peninsular provides an unrivalled backdrop in Port Vila. Fares (Bungalows) are scattered along the shoreline and throughout manicured tropical gardens ensuring privacy, intimacy and seclusion. With spectacular views to Port Vila's best surfing beach break, the restaurant provides a unique setting for a unique dining experience. The executive chef has created one of the finest menus using fresh, local produce, seafoods and world class Santo beef and we are famous for our beachside dining with stars above and sand underfoot.... It does not get much better than this. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, Cancelon, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Breakas Beach Resort Vanuatu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breakas Beach Resort Vanuatu Hotel Port Vila
- Breakas Beach Resort Vanuatu Port Vila