“Consistently good food”

Emily's Cafe & Takeaway
Ranked #54 of 96 Restaurants in Port Vila
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Emily's is next to the National Museum and across the road from Vanuatu parliament and operates a "No Frills" restaurant that is renowned for its "5 Star" quality food at budget rates. Emily's is the only restaurant to be licensed to operate 24x7 in Port Vila and serves a variety of cuisines with regular and daily specials also featured on the menu. We are famous for our large helpings and our Vanuatu Steak and also feature dishes such as our wood fired BBQ Chicken and chips, Poulet fish and chips and Chicken Schnitzel to name a few.Emily's, ples blo gud fala kakai! (where the food is awesome!)
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I ate at Emily's cafe most nights as I was staying at the Sportmen's hotel attached. As a student travelling on a budget I made the most of the 1000 vatu menu and the cheaper end meals (burgers, fries etc). The meals were consistently prepared and very tasty. Staff were very friendly and accomodating when I asked for variations on the norm. Great outdoor dining in the Vanuatu heat.

Bob N, Owner at Emily's Cafe & Takeaway, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Thank you for your lovely review! It was a pleasure having you with us. I'm glad you enjoyed the friendly staff & service. We pride ourselves in the quality of 1000vt meals - very popular in Port Vila.
regards, Bob

Reviewed July 13, 2013

We ate here only one night based on Trip Advisor reviews. The food was dreadful and the host was sat in the middle of the restaurant barking rudely at his staff who were doing their best.

Horrible place, couldn't wait to leave.

3  Thank lg13865
Bob N, Owner at Emily's Cafe & Takeaway, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

I distinctly remember our conversation I had with you. I fully explained to you that I had 50 people staying in the hotel, and whilst you were sitting here with me, I realised my maintenance man had turned off the cold water to all the showers and toilets. Inadvertently he had taken the key home to the locked door which would have allowed me to turn the water back on.
I explained this to you and you said that you worked in the bank behind the scenes so you don't have to put up with the public and other staff. .. Unfortunately I don't have the luxury off locking myself away from my staff and customers as they mix together throughout the hotel. For you to insinuate that I am a 'dog' , I think is over the top as I do have a business to run. I wonder how you would react if 'your' staff weren't following your instructions and made such a careless mistake.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I ordered poulet with chips and salad.What came out was a lump of battered."I dont know what".After pulling a few pieces off, it was a head?Ive eaten poulet many times in Fiji but have never been presented it to me this way before.I would advise anybody ordering the poulet to ask what piece of the fish you are getting,as 1000 vatu for a fish head is taking the mickey.

2  Thank onlyonceinalifetime
Bob N, Owner at Emily's Cafe & Takeaway, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Bulla .... to you to. You forgot to mention the 300g-400g piece of beautiful poulet fish on the plate with the 'complementary' head. If you are a regular fish eater as some of our regulars are, you would know that the meat from the head/jaw is the sweetest part of the fish - a bit of a delicacy here.
Vinaka

Reviewed July 6, 2013

I had walked by this place many times without thinking of going in but was totally suprised when I did. A large range menu, including thai food and roast dinners. 1000 vatu lunch specials are great value - try the half chicken! Great service, lovely staff - recommend!

Nice to have genuine people doing genuine reviews. Thank you for your kind words - hope to have you back soon.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

This cafe made from a shipping container has the most tasty chicken I have tried in a long time. Excellent value for money, very friendly staff. Definitely worth coming back to.

Bob N, Owner at Emily's Cafe & Takeaway, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Thank you. We have lots of people comment on our wood fired rotisserie that can cook up to 120 chickens at a time or a butt of beef or a whole pig at the same time which we use for our pig on the spit night, as the smoke goes up through the meat to give the unique smokey flavour. It has become an integral part of promoting our business. Look forward to your return.