“Great value at a great price!”

Emily's Cafe & Takeaway
Ranked #46 of 91 Restaurants in Port Vila
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Emily's is next to the National Museum and across the road from Vanuatu parliament and operates a "No Frills" restaurant that is renowned for its "5 Star" quality food at budget rates. Emily's is the only restaurant to be licensed to operate 24x7 in Port Vila and serves a variety of cuisines with regular and daily specials also featured on the menu. We are famous for our large helpings and our Vanuatu Steak and also feature dishes such as our wood fired BBQ Chicken and chips, Poulet fish and chips and Chicken Schnitzel to name a few.Emily's, ples blo gud fala kakai! (where the food is awesome!)
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Pub style fare well done and at a good price. Evening specials are superb value. Great steak and cheap beer. It isn't elegant but if you want a great feed after hitting the kava bars this is the place to go.

Bob N, Owner at Emily's Cafe & Takeaway, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

thank you for your review - which says it all. And open 24/7 is an added bonus if you're out late with new specials daily.
Thanks again for taking the time.

There are newer reviews for Emily's Cafe & Takeaway

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Emily's is not in the main street of Port Vila. It is near the museum and opposite the Parliament House of Vanuatu. You can walk up, it takes about 10-15minutes and is good if you are moderately fit and ok with the humidity.

It's worth the walk. I recognised Bob and Emily from other reviews on this site. Bob immediately called us in to welcome and make us feel at home. We chatted the whole time there. I had an awesome burger, it was one of the best meals I had whilst on Efate.

We returned the next night for dinner and the ex-pat company that Bob and Emily introduced us to, gave us a great insight to life in Vanuatu. We gained cultural insight and were given honest answers.

I had a great cuddle with Reece (Bob and Emily's son) and we will be sure to come back next time we are in Vanuatu. I highly recommend this cafe to you.

BTW: Bob, I found the website I was talking to you about for looking at earthquake and volcano maps. I hope it works on your iPad, as the students in my Science class really love the live feed the site gives us.

Thanks Bob and Emily, we enjoyed our food and time with your staff and family.

Thanks Peta, it was lovely to have you join us - glad you liked our famous burger! Socialising is a popular thing here, as we see people from all walks of life, all happy to share their experiences with others. So I'm glad you were able to receive some local, honest information about our country.
We really appreciate your review, thank you.
Bob , Emily & Reece

Reviewed January 15, 2013

A hidden jewel in the realm of Vanuatu cuisine. Emily's may not be one of your "glamourous" restaurants but the food is to die for! Emily's has a large selection to choose from, generous helpings and reasonable rates and being open 24x7 means I get to enjoy the fine food, good company and awesome atmosphere any time night or day. Thanks guys!!

2  Thank ewhippy

Thank for the fantastic review. I am glad you found the extensive menu a plus as we try to cater to everyone. 24/7 also adds to the convenience, and there's always someone here if you just want to chat! Hope to see you next time you are in Vila.
Regards
Emily

Reviewed January 13, 2013

This place is as the title states, No Frills. If you have ever been to Greece and gone to a village and eaten at a taverna, that is the type of place you will be eating at. It is outside, the chairs are plastic, the tables are wooden and spacious, the floor is concrete, the service is friendly to the extent the chef comes out of his kitchen and chats with you about your meal. The description of the meals I would say are big, a home cooked taste, value for money and quick service. They accommodated for our kids tastes also, which was nice. The only place where I could buy a vodka cruiser, so I was overjoyed. After our dinner, we walked back to the main street of Port Vila to catch a taxi to our resort. The walk was very pleasant, even though there were no street lights we felt very safe.

2  Thank soula a

We do try to make you feel 'at home' with our big home cooked meals and value for money. Service and friendly smiles are what we're all about. Kids are always welcome and we now have a playground for them. I want to personally thank you for taking the time to write this review for us.
From Bob & Emily

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We went to Emily's on a Sunday night after reserving a table for 7.00pm, and when we arrived the table was waiting. While we didn't really need to book a table, I would suggest doing so for other nights as it was still quite full for a Sunday.

There is a wide variety of food available on the menu, as well as the daily special for about $1000. I had the Nasi, my wife had the daily special - seafood curry, and my daughter had the steak sandwich. All meals were delicious, generous, and reasonably priced. My daughter's steak sandwich was double layered and the steak just melted in your mouth - unlike other more-expensive restaurants here where the steak tastes and feels like cardboard. The Nasi was wonderful and my wife couldn't finish her curry because there was so much.

Emily's is not like the other Western establishments around Vanuatu, in that it is unpretentious and the prices are reasonable. The service is also quick and friendly.

Definitely worth a visit!

2  Thank Andrew P

Thanks for the review Andrew - the 1000vatu ($10) specials are always a hit...and we are well known for the tender steaks... not to mention the service and friendly staff. I am glad you all enjoyed your meals and your stay in Port Vila. Thank you again.