“What a steak”

Warhorse Saloon Restaurant &Bar
Ranked #18 of 95 Restaurants in Port Vila
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Tex/Mex Restaurant & Bar, Live Music, Best Ribs, Great Pizza's, unique bar filled with icons from wild west to patron's t-shirts on the roof, sports bar, pool, darts, live Sport Tv's, Karaoke Thursday a must to do if on holiday in Vanuatu, Live Music Friday's, one of Port Vila's most popular bar/restaurants. Popular with the expat regulars as well as local's , tourists and the Cruise visitors.
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Had two meals here. The staff were very friendly including Donna the owner. Good atmosphere in the bar. Beer is excellent, Texican from the brewery. Never had such a big steak half a kilo and I think that was when it was served up not prior to cooking. Massive and perfectly cooked. The pork ribs just fell off the bone. hope to go back before I leave. Was excellent value, credit cards are accepted which is very useful.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

My wife and I were just in Port Vila for our honeymoon, and ate out every night at a different place. If you holiday in Port Vila, definitely give this place a try!! Owned by a lovely American couple, it has a nice Saloon & Bar feel to it, and the food is quality as well. Big fat cuts of steak, and quality sides. They brew their own beer as well and the Texican is not half bad. The staff are lovely and polite, and kept us in the loop with how our meals were going while we waited.

Another positive was the value for money. The equivalent of $50-55 AUD, and we had to fat steaks, sides and beers. Most steaks alone cost almost $40. I look forward to our next visit in the future.

1  Thank Jimmyjoe69
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

We walked to this restaurant from our accommodation and we were pleasantly surprised. The service was good and waitresses attentive. Donna was so very helpful in organising a gluten free meal for my daughter. My husband enjoyed the micro brewed beer they sell. The half kilo beef ribs were huge and I couldn't eat them all but they were very delicious. The enchiladas were very spicy but were enjoyed. Certainly recommend this place to have a meal. The only complaint I could make was that it was a little warm towards the back of the restaurant.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Great little place just out of town.
Reasonable prices and great home brewed beer which my husband loved.
Staff are very friendly and ensure the drinks are refilled often..
My husband had the biggest steak ever, thick and juicy, but a real monster.
The menu isnt extensive but what there is, is very tasty and reasonably priced.
Perfect place to relax and have a few coldies on a hot day.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Great atmosphere. Great food cold beer and a great expat haunt.
Local music and entertainment and close to town.