“What a shame”

Club Hippique Adventure Park
More attraction details
Owner description: 10 mins from Port Vila situated between panoramic hills and a blue water lagoon. We have over 600 acres of coconut plantations, rain forests, waterfalls and white sandy beaches to explore. With more than 50 horses and Ponies, we promise to find a horse that suites you.
Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“What a shame”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

My husband and I have ridden horses in all the countries we have visited together. Our worst experience yet has been at this place which was really disappointing. I believe the owners are having a tough time so I feel terrible about writing a review, but think it is important for fellow travellers.

The actual area is beautiful so they are lucky to have a great location. As others have written, the guides are not talkative. I think this is ok in my opinion however it did mean that we did not feel comfortable asking if we could go for a canter or gallop - a pity as the terrain is perfect for it. Our 2 hour rainforest and ocean swim ride finished after 1 hour. We were encouraged to take some fairly unwilling horses into a lagoon area for a swim which lasted about 15 minutes as we tried to get them to go in the water. The horses were taken away and when I asked what had happened to the rest of the ride I was told that the swim was meant to last an hour which was ridiculous as there was no beach to ride on and no way that the horses were going to 'swim" for that long. I asked for a refund for the second hour to no avail.

As to the state of the horses - well my horse was in excellent condition however my husband discovered a few travelling fleas had joined him after his ride!

All I can say is - don't expect too much as the owners are attending to more pressing issues at the moment and be forgiving based on that.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank billy01

Brisbane, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great horse riding”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We did thiss tour last year and loved it. The kids aged 8and12 had never really been on horses too much. it was great for the first time riders or just the people who haven't been riding for a long time. Highly recommend the swim after with the horses.

4 Thank Michelle T
Winmalee, New South Wales, Australia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“A little dissapointing”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Our bus driver was a half hour late, so we didn't get to have a look around as our 2 hour rainforest ride was in the afternoon and it was getting late. The brochure says that Natural Horsemanship practices are used here, none that I could see. Our guide yanked his horses mouth around so much and slapped it, kicked it hard for most of the ride. Because we only got back late, we were able to swim our horse in the Lagoon as was part of our package. My horse (Taco) was also quite thin and had a difficult time making it up the very steep hills, I would hate to imagine him with a heavy rider on board.

2 Thank Michelle H
Christchurch
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fun - great guides and horses.”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Great guides - especially Roy - made it fun and informative and easy to chat with. Great horses - very easy to handle. The view at the bay which we rode to was fantastic. What a gorgeous place.

2 Thank Elizbethjane
Bathurst, Australia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Some good aspects”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I have two thoughts on the ride;

1. The management seemed to care for the horses whilst we were in the stables. Although they were underweight they ensured hooves were cleaned out and saddles fitted. I think it must be under some new management (but same owner) but better than some other reviews. No skin sores, so hoof issues (which can be prevalent in humid conditions).

2. Once we left the main area the leaders rode hard and fast the whole time. We are experienced riders but it left me feeling very rushed, like they wanted to get the ride over and done with. There wasn't too much concern for the horse's feet and the rocky paths we were galloping over. If a horse had tripped or stumbled we would have had a bad accident! The ride in the ocean was nice, but more of a paddle to cool them off than a ride.

3 Thank MissLeahM