“disgusted”

Port Vila Parasailing
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Parasail 70-80 meters in the air while enjoying the breathtaking views of Port Vila harbour and marine life. No experience is necessary... our professional crew will guide you through your parasail flight. Your flight will last 8 to 10 minutes and your landing will be soft and dry as you are reeled back to our state-of-the-art parasailing vessel. It's a perfect family activity! SAFE! FUN!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Wellington, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“disgusted”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

Was excited when I booked to go para sailing ,all was well until it was sold, new owners claim they would honour the cheaper price I was quoted. for 10 months leading up to it I was so pumped. then the day of the sail,turned up for my 1pm joy ride,only for my bus driver to be told boat was broken, I had no warnings, even checked both fb and emails to see if email was sent before we got there. Nothing..rude rude rude and disappointment is the only review they get from me. Plus I think they didnt want to honour the price from the company before them. boat was up day before and day after!!!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Spintara
Leanne P, Manager at Port Vila Parasailing, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Yes I remember who you are and yes that is correct the bus you were on did turn up for the tour and was told that the boat was not working.
The morning that you came in on the boat we were heading out to fly some customers around the cruise boat but this was not to be as when we started the winch for the Chute it did not work, we were hoping to have it going before you arrived for your flight but it was a complete rebuild of the winch, I am afraid that this is not a two minute job but ended up take most of the day, it is then a go couple of hours to put it back in to the boat.
The next day once we had the winch reinstalled we took one of our staff members out for a test flight to make sure that everything was working.
In regards to you thinking that this was just a excuse not to honour the price you were quoted 10 months earlier is incorrect as we have flown plenty of customers that had pre-booked before the business was bought by us, the difference between the old and new price is $10.00 which we were more than happy to wear.
Our concern is for the safty of our customers and the $10.00.

Picton, New South Wales, Australia
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Awesome!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

we arrived on the Carnival Spirit, (this was our 3rd visit here) jumped in a mini bus with other passengers & headed down town, went to the wharf to wait for our guys to take us parasailing, headed of in the boat, we tried to go up tandem but the wind was not right (well done putting safety first)so solo it was... my 5 year old son went up first, I thougth he would freak out & not do it, but how wrong was I? he totally loved it, had the biggest smile on his face, then it was my turn, it was so cool up in the air with the shade of the sail, the view was terrific, & it was very reasonably priced, I recommend this company, oh & I will mention that one of the ladies with the company went to the servo & got us bottles of water, now that is good service! well done guys/gals we enjoyed our time with you, very lovely people

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Lyn W
sydney
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great views of Port Vila”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

This was so much fun. My son and I did this but not as a tandem so he went up by himself and then I went up after. It was very quiet and as close to flying as I'm going to get! I got great views of the harbour. My son is 8 years old and he thought it was "awesome" and I have to agree.

Visited January 2013
Taree, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A must do”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

This was my first time at parasailing. I had an awesome time up in the air. The staff made you feel comfortable and didn't pressure you into doing something you weren't ok with. Thank you very much for this amazing experience.

Visited May 2012
Mooloolaba, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Port Vila Parasailing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

This was my third country to para sail in and it was just as exciting as the first time. We are just sorry that P & O are not sharing this wonderful experience. Thanks Helen I will wear my tshirt whenever I can. Lucky enough to see a mother dugong and baby from above. Book this yourselves a must.

Visited May 2012