“Experience Of A Lifetime!”
Review of Edge Vanuatu - CLOSED

Edge Vanuatu
More attraction details
Owner description: EDGE Vanuatu is a multi-award winning Adventure Tourism Company featuring the Cascades Abseil. Our clients are transferred to the beautiful Mele Cascades, after the briefing and gear fitting you are taken on a walk to our Practice Cliff, first stopping out our Lookout. We have an 8m Practice Cliff where we teach you the basics of abseiling beside a lovely rock pool. Then it's 50 m down the waterfall in two 25 m pitches, the first passing a cave and on the second you cross underneath the waterfall before landing in the pool at the bottom and being guided back through the spectacular Mele Cascades for refreshments and a chance to view the photos from your tour.
Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

The highlight of my trip here! I'm scared of Heights but loved the whole thing. Nice trek up which isn't a problem unless you're extremely unfit we had three 40+ ladies that smashed it so to the people complaining about this toughen up! Trial abseiling is a bit short but it's all you need. The guides were nice and friendly and I felt safe the whole way through. You see some incredible waterfalls here and take on a 50m one yourself. Don't miss this. You'll never forget it!

Reviewed July 22, 2014

This was a very enjoyable experience. If you like waterfalls, like myself, then what better way to get up close and personal by abseiling down one. I'll agree with the majority, it was a hell of a steep climb but if you're young and reasonably fit then it'll not be a problem. You are able to stop as many times as you want and it is worth it in the end. I would suggest eating breakfast before going and maybe take a chocolate bar to eat when you get to the top. Just to restore your energy levels. You have a practice run before tackling the main event and there is no pressure to get it done. The team were very friendly and helpful and obviously enjoy what they are doing. I would definitely recommend this attraction if you are staying in Port Vila.

Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Our family of six with kids between 21 and 9 had a cracker of a time. The 9 year old struggled a bit but the edge team were great.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

Had the absolute best time doing this activity! It was my third trip to Port Vila, and definitely the best thing we've done there. Would do it again in a heartbeat.

As others have said, it's a steep climb to the top, muddy in places (wear shoes with good grip, not water shoes), but when you are abseiling DOWN a waterfall, you gotta figure that at some point you're going to have to go UP :-)

Great staff, very friendly, very patient, very professional. Do budget an extra $40 for the photos they take of you - they are totally worth it. As was the entire experience, every minute of it.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

My husband and I recently participated in the Abseil down the 50m waterfall at Mele Cascades in Vila, and it was the best thing we have every done.

We are in our 50's and have never done anything like this before and I am also scared of heights. We are reasonably fit but the climb up to the top was a hard workout, you do stop halfway and have a water break and photo shoot and the view is fantastic and well worth the struggle.

You are taken through a practice run and shown how to use the equipment before going down the two 25mtr waterfalls,the guides are fantastic, - it's all extremly safe all equipment is in excellent condition and it's all very professional.

At the end we bought the deluxe Cd at the end with all our pics on it for $40 and they were fantastic.

I would highly recommend this tour if you are after something out of your comfort zone.

Give it a go, you won't be disappointment......