“River Kayaking with Pascal”
Review of Vanuatu Ecotours

Vanuatu Ecotours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: You cannot get you closer to the indigenous people and nature of Vanuatu than with the country's undisputed experienced ecoman Pascal Guillet, owner - operator of Vanuatu Ecotours.He offers unique handcrafted, safe and personal walking, biking, river kayaking and waterfall tours throughout the archipelago in order for you to experience a way of life you only read about in National Geography.A extensive range of tours are available for families or professional trekkies at all fitness levels.
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Our party of six aged between eight and seventy-six joined Pascal on his river kayaking tour on 11th May. It was a showery day and although we were all soaked through we had a wonderful afternoon on the river. The advice to take reef shoes and a complete change of clothing was really helpful. The pristine waters of the river with the overhanging branches of beautiful trees made for a picturesque setting . Pascal has both double and single kayaks and we changed from using several single kayaks to double ones when the children got a bit tired. The cushions and backrests that are provided made for comfort. Pascal's knowledge,his care with participants and his hospitality made for the loveliest experience. Many thanks Pascal ! I would have loved to had time to go on other tours with you. Marj

1  Thank Marjorie H
There are newer reviews for Vanuatu Ecotours

Reviewed May 17, 2014

Thank you Pascal and Beri we thought your tours were great and a lot of fun. Your knowledge is wonderful along with making both tours we did such an enjoyable day. Beri has a wonderful sense of humour and he also laid out a pretty good snack at the end of kayaking. The areas we visited were pristine and the effort you and Beri put in to keep it that way is outstanding. Your help to me along the waterfall tour was so personal and I can't thank you enough.

Anyone who visits Vila should do any of your tours they are truly amazing. Thank you so much and we do hope your expedition to Tana with Nasa was amazing. Wish we were there.

2  Thank GOLDCOASTERAUS
Reviewed May 5, 2014

We did the Kayak River Tour. It was fantastic and all enjoyed the experience. Ages 7 to 50 years (including the teenages).
Booking was easy by email. Instructions were clear and easy to follow. The tour was relaxing and enjoyable. Would recommend Pascal's tours to anyone visiting Port Villa.

1  Thank wishingforaholiday
Reviewed May 5, 2014

We booked a tour with Pascal for 8 of us to visit Lololima Falls - this included people aged 16 - 52, plus my almost 90 year old father in law - Pascal's oldest tourist so far! I booked this online before visiting Vanuatu and Pascal was very helpful and extremely prompt in answering my emails. He sent a photo of the steps down to the falls as I was concerned about my father in laws ability to complete the walk to reach the falls. Once we arrived in Vila, Pascal made contact to confirm our tour and pick up time. We were picked up promptly by Pascal and Henry. My father in law sat in the cab with Pascal - the rest of us were in the back with Henry. The transport is a small truck with a semi-open back and seats in the middle facing outwards. This is covered with a thatched roof. Pascal is a very safe driver and Henry kept up a commentary during the drive to the Falls (approx 20 minutes). You stop along the way for a panoramic view and photo op, then pass through a cattle farm before getting to the top stop before the walk down to the falls. There is a toilet and change room at the top if required before walking down. The falls are spectacular - so pristine - the rainforest grows right up to the edge and only an area at the base of the main falls has been cleared. There is a little thatched hut here and Pascal supplies some lime juice and fresh fruit. Once here you can climb up the face of the falls to reach a "spa" pool at the top and then trek a bit further back along the river if you like. There is also a cave with micro bats and birds and at the next pool down Henry hangs a rope from a tree so you can swing into the pool and have a swim. The water in this pool is a beautiful azure blue and rivals the "Blue Lagoon". I think Pascal is the only one taking tours here so we had the falls entirely to ourselves - which added to the appeal. Pascal was very attentive to my father-in-law during the entire tour and was on hand to give assistance. Lololima is a must visit. My children rate this as the best experience of our trip! I highly recommend Pascal and Henry and if we're back in Vanuatu we will take another tour with them.

2  Thank FamilyTravellers6
Reviewed May 2, 2014

We did the Lololima Falls walk and swim with Pascal and Henry about two years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it, so we had no hesitation on going there again as it is such a wonderful place. This time we also did the Bouffa River canyon walk at the top of Lololima and are glad we did as it is a really good add-on.

My 15 yo daughter and I did it and strongly recommend it. There are steps down to Lololima now to make it more accessible to those not confident on slopes, but the waterfall climb is not suitable for those with a fear of heights. Pascal and Henry/Barry will assist those who are less confident about climbing, so fear not!

Take your reef shoes, waterproof camera, bathers and some water, although Pascal usually provides a snack and drink.

I have attached two photos, one is a general view of Lololima and the other is Pascal's offsider Barry RUNNING up the falls!

1  Thank Ken J